Could the United States Iron Industry Have Survived Free Trade after the Civil War?
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harley, C.K., 1991.
"The Antebellum American Tariff : Food Exports and Manufacturing,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
9105, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1992. "The antebellum American tariff: Food exports and manufacturing," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 375-400, October.
- Allen, Robert C., 1979. "International Competition in Iron and Steel, 1850–1913," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(04), pages 911-937, December.
- Head, Keith, 1994. "Infant industry protection in the steel rail industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 141-165, November.
- Fogel, Robert W & Engerman, Stanley L, 1969. "A Model for the Explanation of Industrial Expansion during the Nineteenth Century: With an Application to the American Iron Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(3), pages 306-28, May/June.
- Reinert, Kenneth A. & Roland-Holst, David W., 1992. "Armington elasticities for United States manufacturing sectors," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 631-639, October.
- Irwin, Douglas A., 2000. "Did Late-Nineteenth-Century U.S. Tariffs Promote Infant Industries? Evidence from the Tinplate Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(02), pages 335-360, June.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Wesley W. Wilson, 1999. "Explaining Armington: What Determines Substitutability Between Home and Foreign Goods?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Allen, Robert C., 1977. "The Peculiar Productivity History of American Blast Furnaces, 1840–1913," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(03), pages 605-633, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:37:y:2000:i:3:p:278-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.