One size does not fit all: Entrepreneurial families’ reliance on family offices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Officer, Micah S. & Ozbas, Oguzhan & Sensoy, Berk A., 2010. "Club deals in leveraged buyouts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 214-240, November.
- Marta Berent-Braun & Lorraine Uhlaner, 2012. "Family governance practices and teambuilding: paradox of the enterprising family," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Dekker, Henri C., 2004. "Control of inter-organizational relationships: evidence on appropriation concerns and coordination requirements," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 27-49, January.
- Mark K. Fiegener, 2010. "Locus of Ownership and Family Involvement in Small Private Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 296-321, March.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1985. "Control: Organizational and Economic Approaches," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 134-149, February.
- Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C., 2003. "A unified systems perspective of family firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 451-465, July.
- Anne Tempel & Peter Walgenbach, 2007. "Global Standardization of Organizational Forms and Management Practices? What New Institutionalism and the Business‐Systems Approach Can Learn from Each Other," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 1-24, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldrich, Howard E. & Brumana, Mara & Campopiano, Giovanna & Minola, Tommaso, 2021. "Embedded but not asleep: Entrepreneurship and family business research in the 21st century," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1).
- Block, Joern & Fisch, Christian & Vismara, Silvio & Andres, René, 2019. "Private equity investment criteria: An experimental conjoint analysis of venture capital, business angels, and family offices," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 329-352.
- Elena Rivo-López & Mónica Villanueva-Villar & Alberto Vaquero-García, 2016. "Family office: a new category in family business research?," Working Papers. Collection C: Family business 1601, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Carolin Decker & Knut S G Lange, 2016. "The global field of multi-family offices: An institutionalist perspective," Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(1), pages 64-75, March.
- Schickinger, Antonia & Leitterstorf, Max P. & Kammerlander, Nadine, 2018. "Private equity and family firms: A systematic review and categorization of the field," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 268-292.
- Nason, Robert S. & Carney, Michael & Le Breton-Miller, Isabelle & Miller, Danny, 2019. "Who cares about socioemotional wealth? SEW and rentier perspectives on the one percent wealthiest business households," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 144-158.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Emil Inauen & Katja Rost & Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, 2010.
"Back to the Future –A Monastic Perspective on Corporate Governance,"
management revue - Socio-Economic Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 21(1), pages 38-59.
- Emil Inauen & Katja Rost & Margit Osterloh & Bruno S. Frey, 2010. "Back to the Future –A Monastic Perspective on Corporate Governance," management revue. Socio-economic Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 21(1), pages 38-59.
- Emil Inauen & Margit Osterloh & Bruno Frey & Fabian Homberg, 2015. "How a multiple orientation of control reduces governance failures: a focus on monastic auditing," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(4), pages 763-796, November.
- Fabienne Alvarez, 2002. "Une analyse de la notion d'informel en gestion : des contrats aux réseaux sociaux dans les organisations," Post-Print hal-02545366, HAL.
- Gatignon, Aline & Gatignon, Hubert, 2010. "Erin Anderson and the Path Breaking Work of TCE in New Areas of Business Research: Transaction Costs in Action," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 232-247.
- Ranjith Appuhami & Sujatha Perera & Hector Perera, 2011. "Management Controls in Public–Private Partnerships: An Analytical Framework," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 21(1), pages 64-79, March.
- Johnson, William H.A., 2011. "Managing university technology development using organizational control theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 842-852, July.
- Kaouthar Lajili & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2006. "Revisiting agency and transaction costs theory predictions on vertical financial ownership and contracting: electronic integration as an organizational form choice," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 573-586.
- Holger Patzelt & Dean A. Shepherd, 2008. "The Decision to Persist with Underperforming Alliances: The Role of Trust and Control," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(7), pages 1217-1243, November.
- Yu, Chwo-Ming Joseph & Wong, Huang-Che & Chiao, Yu-Ching, 2006. "Local linkages and their effects on headquarters' use of process controls," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 1239-1247, November.
- Barontini, Roberto & Bozzi, Stefano, 2018. "Family firm heterogeneity and CEO compensation in Continental Europe," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 1-18.
- Jetta Frost & Rick Vogel & Khaled Bagban, 2016. "Managing Interdependence in Multi-business Organizations," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 17(2), pages 225-260, August.
- Kawai, Norifumi & Strange, Roger, 2014. "Subsidiary autonomy and performance in Japanese multinationals in Europe," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 504-515.
- Christian Brück & Jonas Ludwig & Anja Schwering, 2018. "The use of value-based management in family firms," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 383-416, February.
- Christopher, Joe, 2010. "Corporate governance—A multi-theoretical approach to recognizing the wider influencing forces impacting on organizations," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 683-695.
- Juan Manuel Ramon-Jeronimo & Raquel Florez-Lopez & Maria Angeles Ramon-Jeronimo, 2017. "Understanding the Generation of Value along Supply Chains: Balancing Control Information and Relational Governance Mechanisms in Downstream and Upstream Relationships," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-31, August.
- Huigang Liang & Yajiong Xue & Liansheng Wu, 2013. "Ensuring Employees' IT Compliance: Carrot or Stick?," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 279-294, June.
- Kraus, Sascha & Kallmuenzer, Andreas & Stieger, Daniel & Peters, Mike & Calabrò, Andrea, 2018. "Entrepreneurial paths to family firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 382-387.
- Anandasivam Gopal & Sanjay Gosain, 2010. "Research Note ---The Role of Organizational Controls and Boundary Spanning in Software Development Outsourcing: Implications for Project Performance," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 21(4), pages 960-982, December.
- repec:beo:journl:v:62:y:2018:i:216:p:63-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, William R. & Marks, Peter Jr., 2008. "Motivating knowledge sharing through a knowledge management system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 131-146, February.
- Hans Landstrom, 1993. "Agency Theory and Its Application to Small Firms: Evidence from the Swedish Venture Capital Market," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 2(3), pages 203-218, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily offices; Wealth management; Agency theory; Goals; Control mechanisms; Ownership; Management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eurman:v:32:y:2014:i:1:p:37-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.