Option value of electricity demand response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chao, Hung-po & Wilson, Robert, 1987. "Priority Service: Pricing, Investment, and Market Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 899-916, December.
- Fleten, Stein-Erik & Lemming, Jacob, 2003. "Constructing forward price curves in electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 409-424, September.
- Keppo, Jussi & Lu, Hao, 2003. "Real options and a large producer: the case of electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 459-472, September.
- Avsar, S Gulay & Goss, Barry A, 2001. "Forecast Errors and Efficiency in the US Electricity Futures Market," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 479-499, December.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Pupp, Roger L., 1992. "Costs of service disruptions to electricity consumers," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 109-126.
- Braithwait, Steven D., 2003. "Demand Response Is Important--But Let's Not Oversell (or Over-Price) It," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 52-64, June.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Olson, Arne & Orans, Ren, 2004. "Benchmarking the Price Reasonableness of an Electricity Tolling Agreement," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 65-75, June.
- Boyle, Phelim P & Evnine, Jeremy & Gibbs, Stephen, 1989. "Numerical Evaluation of Multivariate Contingent Claims," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 241-250.
- Chao, Hung-po & Oren, Shmuel S. & Smith, Stephen A. & Wilson, Robert B., 1986. "Multilevel demand subscription pricing for electric power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 199-217, October.
- Hendrik Bessembinder & Michael L. Lemmon, 2002. "Equilibrium Pricing and Optimal Hedging in Electricity Forward Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1347-1382, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moore, J. & Woo, C.K. & Horii, B. & Price, S. & Olson, A., 2010. "Estimating the option value of a non-firm electricity tariff," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1609-1614.
- Nwulu, Nnamdi I. & Xia, Xiaohua, 2015. "Implementing a model predictive control strategy on the dynamic economic emission dispatch problem with game theory based demand response programs," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 404-419.
- Chicco, Gianfranco & Mancarella, Pierluigi, 2009. "Distributed multi-generation: A comprehensive view," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 535-551, April.
- Praktiknjo, Aaron J., 2014. "Stated preferences based estimation of power interruption costs in private households: An example from Germany," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 82-90.
- Lopes, Rafael F. & Costa, Fabiano F. & Oliveira, Aurenice & de C. Lima, Antonio Cezar, 2018. "Algorithm based on particle swarm applied to electrical load scheduling in an industrial setting," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 1007-1015.
- Biegel, Benjamin & Hansen, Lars Henrik & Stoustrup, Jakob & Andersen, Palle & Harbo, Silas, 2014. "Value of flexible consumption in the electricity markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 354-362.
- Bertolini, Marina & D'Alpaos, Chiara & Moretto, Michele, 2018. "Do Smart Grids boost investments in domestic PV plants? Evidence from the Italian electricity market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 890-902.
- Jun, Eunju & Kim, Wonjoon & Chang, Soon Heung, 2009. "The analysis of security cost for different energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1894-1901, October.
- Manfren, Massimiliano & Caputo, Paola & Costa, Gaia, 2011. "Paradigm shift in urban energy systems through distributed generation: Methods and models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1032-1048, April.
- Won, Chaehwan, 2009. "Valuation of investments in natural resources using contingent-claim framework with application to bituminous coal developments in Korea," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1215-1224.
- Schachter, J.A. & Mancarella, P., 2016. "A critical review of Real Options thinking for valuing investment flexibility in Smart Grids and low carbon energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 261-271.
- Nakada, Tatsuhiro & Shin, Kongjoo & Managi, Shunsuke, 2016. "The effect of demand response on purchase intention of distributed generation: Evidence from Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 307-316.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:19:p:8052-:d:421629 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreis, Luisa & Flora, Maria & Fontini, Fulvio & Vargiolu, Tiziano, 2020.
"Pricing reliability options under different electricity price regimes,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Luisa Andreis & Maria Flora & Fulvio Fontini & Tiziano Vargiolu, 2019. "Pricing Reliability Options under different electricity prices' regimes," Papers 1909.05761, arXiv.org.
- Leehter Yao & Wei Hong Lim & Sew Sun Tiang & Teng Hwang Tan & Chin Hong Wong & Jia Yew Pang, 2018. "Demand Bidding Optimization for an Aggregator with a Genetic Algorithm," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-22, September.
- He, Yongxiu & Wang, Bing & Wang, Jianhui & Xiong, Wei & Xia, Tian, 2012. "Residential demand response behavior analysis based on Monte Carlo simulation: The case of Yinchuan in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 230-236.
- Deng, Qianli & Jiang, Xianglin & Cui, Qingbin & Zhang, Limao, 2015. "Strategic design of cost savings guarantee in energy performance contracting under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 68-80.
- Deng, Shi-Jie & Xu, Li, 2009. "Mean-risk efficient portfolio analysis of demand response and supply resources," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1523-1529.
- Kwon, Pil Seok & Østergaard, Poul, 2014. "Assessment and evaluation of flexible demand in a Danish future energy scenario," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 309-320.
- Zare, Kazem & Moghaddam, Mohsen Parsa & Sheikh El Eslami, Mohammad Kazem, 2010. "Demand bidding construction for a large consumer through a hybrid IGDT-probability methodology," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 2999-3007.
- Kavvadias, K.C., 2016. "Energy price spread as a driving force for combined generation investments: A view on Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1632-1639.
- Haider, Haider Tarish & See, Ong Hang & Elmenreich, Wilfried, 2016. "A review of residential demand response of smart grid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 166-178.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand response; Option valuation; Dynamic pricing; Load management; Customer valuation methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:32:y:2007:i:2:p:108-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.