Towards an energy efficient chemistry. Switching from fossil to bio-based products in a life cycle perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Li, Ming-Jia & Tao, Wen-Quan, 2017. "Review of methodologies and polices for evaluation of energy efficiency in high energy-consuming industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 203-215.
- Jones, Glenn A. & Warner, Kevin J., 2016. "The 21st century population-energy-climate nexus," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 206-212.
- Kohl, T. & Laukkanen, T. & Tuomaala, M. & Niskanen, T. & Siitonen, S. & Järvinen, M.P. & Ahtila, P., 2014. "Comparison of energy efficiency assessment methods: Case Bio-SNG process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 88-98.
- González-García, Sara & Moreira, M. Teresa & Feijoo, Gumersindo, 2010. "Comparative environmental performance of lignocellulosic ethanol from different feedstocks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2077-2085, September.
- Morales, Marjorie & Quintero, Julián & Conejeros, Raúl & Aroca, Germán, 2015. "Life cycle assessment of lignocellulosic bioethanol: Environmental impacts and energy balance," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1349-1361.
- Wiloso, Edi Iswanto & Heijungs, Reinout & de Snoo, Geert R., 2012. "LCA of second generation bioethanol: A review and some issues to be resolved for good LCA practice," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5295-5308.
- Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Ioannidis, Alexis, 2017. "Energy supply security in the EU: Benchmarking diversity and dependence of primary energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 207(C), pages 465-476.
- Zabed, H. & Sahu, J.N. & Suely, A. & Boyce, A.N. & Faruq, G., 2017. "Bioethanol production from renewable sources: Current perspectives and technological progress," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 475-501.
- Fahd, S. & Fiorentino, G. & Mellino, S. & Ulgiati, S., 2012. "Cropping bioenergy and biomaterials in marginal land: The added value of the biorefinery concept," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-93.
- Peng, Lihong & Zhang, Yiting & Wang, Yejun & Zeng, Xiaoling & Peng, Najun & Yu, Ang, 2015. "Energy efficiency and influencing factor analysis in the overall Chinese textile industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 1222-1229.
- Borrion, Aiduan Li & McManus, Marcelle C. & Hammond, Geoffrey P., 2012. "Environmental life cycle assessment of lignocellulosic conversion to ethanol: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4638-4650.
- Meng, Ming & Shang, Wei & Zhao, Xiaoli & Niu, Dongxiao & Li, Wei, 2015. "Decomposition and forecasting analysis of China's energy efficiency: An application of three-dimensional decomposition and small-sample hybrid models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 283-293.
- Cui, Qiang & Kuang, Hai-bo & Wu, Chun-you & Li, Ye, 2014. "The changing trend and influencing factors of energy efficiency: The case of nine countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1026-1034.
- Saygin, D. & Gielen, D.J. & Draeck, M. & Worrell, E. & Patel, M.K., 2014. "Assessment of the technical and economic potentials of biomass use for the production of steam, chemicals and polymers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1153-1167.
- Pusnik, M. & Al-Mansour, F. & Sucic, B. & Cesen, M., 2017. "Trends and prospects of energy efficiency development in Slovenian industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 52-62.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainability of chemical industry; Energy efficiency; Material efficiency; Biomass as “game changer”; Bioethanol derivatives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:170:y:2019:i:c:p:720-729. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.