A pulsed Coandă-effect reciprocating wind energy generator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tummala, Abhishiktha & Velamati, Ratna Kishore & Sinha, Dipankur Kumar & Indraja, V. & Krishna, V. Hari, 2016. "A review on small scale wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1351-1371.
- Li, Saiwei & Sun, Zhiqiang, 2015. "Harvesting vortex energy in the cylinder wake with a pivoting vane," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 783-792.
- Jiang, W. & Zhang, D. & Xie, Y.H., 2016. "Numerical investigation into the effects of arm motion and camber on a self-induced oscillating hydrofoil," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 1010-1021.
- Narendran, K. & Murali, K. & Sundar, V., 2016. "Investigations into efficiency of vortex induced vibration hydro-kinetic energy device," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 224-235.
- Zhang, Zutao & Zhang, Xingtian & Chen, Weiwu & Rasim, Yagubov & Salman, Waleed & Pan, Hongye & Yuan, Yanping & Wang, Chunbai, 2016. "A high-efficiency energy regenerative shock absorber using supercapacitors for renewable energy applications in range extended electric vehicle," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 177-188.
- Zhang, Baoshou & Song, Baowei & Mao, Zhaoyong & Tian, Wenlong & Li, Boyang, 2017. "Numerical investigation on VIV energy harvesting of bluff bodies with different cross sections in tandem arrangement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 723-736.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- He, Kai & Vinod, Ashwin & Banerjee, Arindam, 2022. "Enhancement of energy capture by flow induced motion of a circular cylinder using passive turbulence control: Decoupling strip thickness and roughness effects," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C), pages 283-293.
- Lv, Yanfang & Sun, Liping & Bernitsas, Michael M. & Sun, Hai, 2021. "A comprehensive review of nonlinear oscillators in hydrokinetic energy harnessing using flow-induced vibrations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 150(C).
- Qin, Weiyang & Deng, Wangzheng & Pan, Jianan & Zhou, Zhiyong & Du, Wenfeng & Zhu, Pei, 2019. "Harvesting wind energy with bi-stable snap-through excited by vortex-induced vibration and galloping," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Zheng, Mingrui & Han, Dong & Peng, Tao & Wang, Jincheng & Gao, Sijie & He, Weifeng & Li, Shirui & Zhou, Tianhao, 2022. "Numerical investigation on flow induced vibration performance of flow-around structures with different angles of attack," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 244(PA).
- Shao, Nan & Lian, JiJian & Yan, Xiang & Liu, Fang & Wang, Xiaoqun, 2022. "Experimental study on energy conversion of flow induced motion for two triangular prisms in staggered arrangement," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 249(C).
- Wei Jiang & Fan Wu & Ziyue Mei & Rui Shi & Danmei Xie, 2022. "Low-Grade Flow Energy Harvesting by Low-Mass-Ratio Oscillating Bent Plate," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(5), pages 1-19, February.
- Zhou, Zhiyong & Qin, Weiyang & Zhu, Pei & Du, Wenfeng, 2021. "Harvesting more energy from variable-speed wind by a multi-stable configuration with vortex-induced vibration and galloping," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C).
- Lafarge, Barbara & Grondel, Sébastien & Delebarre, Christophe & Curea, Octavian & Richard, Claude, 2021. "Linear electromagnetic energy harvester system embedded on a vehicle suspension: From modeling to performance analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 225(C).
- Carlos Gijón-Rivera & José Luis Olazagoitia, 2020. "Methodology for Comprehensive Comparison of Energy Harvesting Shock Absorber Systems," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(22), pages 1-25, November.
- Zhang, Baoshou & Song, Baowei & Mao, Zhaoyong & Li, Boyang & Gu, Mengfan, 2019. "Hydrokinetic energy harnessing by spring-mounted oscillators in FIM with different cross sections: From triangle to circle," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Tian Zhou & Zhiqiang Sun & Saiwei Li & Huawei Liu & Danqing Yi, 2016. "Design and Optimization of Thermophotovoltaic System Cavity with Mirrors," Energies, MDPI, vol. 9(9), pages 1-11, September.
- Abdelkareem, Mohamed A.A. & Xu, Lin & Ali, Mohamed Kamal Ahmed & El-Daly, Abdel-Rahman B.M. & Hassan, Mohamed A. & Elagouz, Ahmed & Bo, Yang, 2019. "Analysis of the prospective vibrational energy harvesting of heavy-duty truck suspensions: A simulation approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 332-351.
- Kuang, Limin & Su, Jie & Chen, Yaoran & Han, Zhaolong & Zhou, Dai & Zhang, Kai & Zhao, Yongsheng & Bao, Yan, 2022. "Wind-capture-accelerate device for performance improvement of vertical-axis wind turbines: External diffuser system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 239(PB).
- Mintra Trongtorkarn & Thanansak Theppaya & Kuaanan Techato & Montri Luengchavanon & Chainuson Kasagepongsarn, 2021. "Relationship between Starting Torque and Thermal Behaviour for a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator (PMSG) Applied with Vertical Axis Wind Turbine (VAWT)," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(16), pages 1-13, August.
- Rashid Naseer & Huliang Dai & Abdessattar Abdelkefi & Lin Wang, 2019. "Comparative Study of Piezoelectric Vortex-Induced Vibration-Based Energy Harvesters with Multi-Stability Characteristics," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Jiang, W. & Wang, Y.L. & Zhang, D. & Xie, Y.H., 2020. "Numerical investigation into the energy extraction characteristics of 3D self-induced oscillating foil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 60-71.
- Wang, Junlei & Geng, Linfeng & Ding, Lin & Zhu, Hongjun & Yurchenko, Daniil, 2020. "The state-of-the-art review on energy harvesting from flow-induced vibrations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 267(C).
- Gong, Ying & Shan, Xiaobiao & Luo, Xiaowei & Pan, Jia & Xie, Tao & Yang, Zhengbao, 2019. "Direction-adaptive energy harvesting with a guide wing under flow-induced oscillations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Haris, Muhammad & Hasan, Muhammad Noman & Qin, Shiyin, 2021. "Early and robust remaining useful life prediction of supercapacitors using BOHB optimized Deep Belief Network," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 286(C).
- Li, Hai & Zheng, Peng & Zhang, Tingsheng & Zou, Yingquan & Pan, Yajia & Zhang, Zutao & Azam, Ali, 2021. "A high-efficiency energy regenerative shock absorber for powering auxiliary devices of new energy driverless buses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 295(C).
More about this item
KeywordsWind energy; Coandă effect; Reciprocating motion; Active flow-control; Oscillating wind energy generation systems;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:150:y:2018:i:c:p:965-978. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.