Stockpile strategy for China׳s emergency oil reserve: A dynamic programming approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Xiao-Bing & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2009. "A model based on stochastic dynamic programming for determining China's optimal strategic petroleum reserve policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4397-4406, November.
- Toman, Michael A. & Macauley, Molly K., 1986. "Risk aversion and the insurance value of strategic oil stockpiling," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-165, June.
- Bai, Y. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Zhang, L.B., 2012. "Optimal path for China's strategic petroleum reserve: A dynamic programming analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1058-1063.
- Samouilidis, JE & Berahas, SA, 1982. "A methodological approach to strategic petroleum reserves," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 565-574.
- Wu, Gang & Fan, Ying & Liu, Lan-Cui & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2008. "An empirical analysis of the dynamic programming model of stockpile acquisition strategies for China's strategic petroleum reserve," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1470-1478, April.
- Wu, Gang & Wei, Yi-Ming & Nielsen, Chris & Lu, Xi & McElroy, Michael B., 2012. "A dynamic programming model of China's strategic petroleum reserve: General strategy and the effect of emergencies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1234-1243.
- Huntington, Hillard G., 2004. "Shares, gaps and the economy's response to oil disruptions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 415-424, May.
- James L. Smith, 2009. "World Oil: Market or Mayhem?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 145-164, Summer.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey Sachs, 1982. "Input Price Shocks and the Slowdown in Economic Growth: The Case of U.K.Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 0851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bohi, Douglas R., 1991. "On the macroeconomic effects of energy price shocks," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-162, June.
- James D. Hamilton, 1985. "Historical Causes of Postwar Oil Shocks and Recessions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 97-116.
- Thomas J. Teisberg, 1981. "A Dynamic Programming Model of the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 526-546, Autumn.
- Bohi, Douglas R. & Toman, Michael A., 1993. "Energy security: externalities and policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(11), pages 1093-1109, November.
- Javier F. Mory, 1993. "Oil Prices and Economic Activity: Is the Relationship Symmetric?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 151-162.
- Ramesh Bhatia, 1987. "Energy Demand Analysis in Developing Countries: A Review," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 1-34.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1974. "The 1974 Report of the President's Council of Economic Advisers: Energy in the Economic Report," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 558-565, September.
- Mork, Knut Anton, 1989. "Oil and Macroeconomy When Prices Go Up and Down: An Extension of Hamilton's Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 740-744, June.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Wu, Gang & Fan, Ying & Liu, Lan-Cui, 2008. "Empirical analysis of optimal strategic petroleum reserve in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 290-302, March.
- Tolley, George S & Wilman, John D, 1977. "The Foreign Dependence Question," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 323-347, April.
- Dahl, Carol & Sterner, Thomas, 1991. "Analysing gasoline demand elasticities: a survey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 203-210, July.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey Sachs, 1982. "Input Price Shocks and the Slowdown in Economic Growth: The Case of U.K. Manufacturing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(5), pages 679-705.
- Dahl, Carol & Duggan, Thomas E., 1998. "Survey of price elasticities from economic exploration models of US oil and gas supply," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 129-169.
- Lester D. Taylor, 1975. "The Demand for Electricity: A Survey," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 74-110, Spring.
- Shmuel S. Oren & Shao Hong Wan, 1986. "Optimal Strategic Petroleum Reserve Policies: A Steady State Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 14-29, January.
- Bai, Y. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P., 2012. "Modelling and analysis of oil import tariff and stockpile policies for coping with supply disruptions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 84-90.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Xiaolei & Liu, Chang & Chen, Xiuwen & Li, Jianping, 2017. "Modeling systemic risk of crude oil imports: Case of China’s global oil supply chain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 449-465.
- Yu, Shiwei & Gao, Siwei & sun, Han, 2016. "A dynamic programming model for environmental investment decision-making in coal mining," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 273-281.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:117:y:2018:i:c:p:25-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xie, Nan & Yan, Zhijun & Zhou, Yi & Huang, Wenjun, 2017. "China's optimal stockpiling policies in the context of new oil price trend," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 332-340.
More about this item
KeywordsStrategic petroleum reserve; Dynamic programming; Supply disruption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:73:y:2014:i:c:p:12-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.