Measuring and monitoring energy access: Decision-support tools for policymakers in Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kebede, Bereket & Bekele, Almaz & Kedir, Elias, 2002. "Can the urban poor afford modern energy? The case of Ethiopia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1029-1045, September.
- Ouedraogo, Boukary, 2006. "Household energy preferences for cooking in urban Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3787-3795, December.
- Karekezi, Stephen & Kithyoma, Waeni, 2002. "Renewable energy strategies for rural Africa: is a PV-led renewable energy strategy the right approach for providing modern energy to the rural poor of sub-Saharan Africa?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1071-1086, September.
- Mirza, Bilal & Szirmai, Adam, 2010. "Towards a new measurement of energy poverty: A cross-community analysis of rural Pakistan," MERIT Working Papers 024, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Martinez-Alier, Joan & Munda, Giuseppe & O'Neill, John, 1998. "Weak comparability of values as a foundation for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 277-286, September.
- Hosier, R. H. & Kipondya, W., 1993. "Urban household energy use in Tanzania : Prices, substitutes and poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 454-473, May.
- Michael Freudenberg, 2003. "Composite Indicators of Country Performance: A Critical Assessment," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/16, OECD Publishing.
- van Horen, Clive & Eberhard, Anton & Trollip, Hilton & Thorne, Stephen, 1993. "Energy, environment and urban poverty in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 623-639, May.
- Vera, Ivan & Langlois, Lucille, 2007. "Energy indicators for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 875-882.
- Dube, Ikhupuleng, 2003. "Impact of energy subsidies on energy consumption and supply in Zimbabwe. Do the urban poor really benefit?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1635-1645, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rozita Singh & Xiao Wang & Juan Carlos Mendoza & Emmanuel Kofi Ackom, 2015. "Electricity (in)accessibility to the urban poor in developing countries," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 339-353, July.
- Kimemia, David & Van Niekerk, Ashley, 2017. "Cookstove options for safety and health: Comparative analysis of technological and usability attributes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 451-457.
- Marian Leimbach & Niklas Roming & Gregor Schwerhoff & Anselm Schultes, 2016. "Development perspectives of Sub-Saharan Africa under climate policies," EcoMod2016 9336, EcoMod.
- Serwaa Mensah, Gifty & Kemausuor, Francis & Brew-Hammond, Abeeku, 2014. "Energy access indicators and trends in Ghana," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 317-323.
- Chirambo, Dumisani, 2016. "Addressing the renewable energy financing gap in Africa to promote universal energy access: Integrated renewable energy financing in Malawi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 793-803.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:801-:d:136158 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:393-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Vaona & Natalia Magnani, 2014. "Access to electricity and socio-economic characteristics: panel data evidence from 31 countries," Working Papers 15/2014, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy access; Decision support; Policy targets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:47:y:2012:i:s1:p:56-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.