Measuring and monitoring energy access: Decision-support tools for policymakers in Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kebede, Bereket & Bekele, Almaz & Kedir, Elias, 2002. "Can the urban poor afford modern energy? The case of Ethiopia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1029-1045, September.
- Ouedraogo, Boukary, 2006. "Household energy preferences for cooking in urban Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3787-3795, December.
- Karekezi, Stephen & Kithyoma, Waeni, 2002. "Renewable energy strategies for rural Africa: is a PV-led renewable energy strategy the right approach for providing modern energy to the rural poor of sub-Saharan Africa?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(11-12), pages 1071-1086, September.
- Mirza, Bilal & Szirmai, Adam, 2010. "Towards a new measurement of energy poverty: A cross-community analysis of rural Pakistan," MERIT Working Papers 024, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Martinez-Alier, Joan & Munda, Giuseppe & O'Neill, John, 1998. "Weak comparability of values as a foundation for ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 277-286, September.
- Hosier, R. H. & Kipondya, W., 1993. "Urban household energy use in Tanzania : Prices, substitutes and poverty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 454-473, May.
- Michael Freudenberg, 2003. "Composite Indicators of Country Performance: A Critical Assessment," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/16, OECD Publishing.
- van Horen, Clive & Eberhard, Anton & Trollip, Hilton & Thorne, Stephen, 1993. "Energy, environment and urban poverty in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 623-639, May.
- Vera, Ivan & Langlois, Lucille, 2007. "Energy indicators for sustainable development," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 875-882.
- Dube, Ikhupuleng, 2003. "Impact of energy subsidies on energy consumption and supply in Zimbabwe. Do the urban poor really benefit?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1635-1645, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kimemia, David & Van Niekerk, Ashley, 2017. "Cookstove options for safety and health: Comparative analysis of technological and usability attributes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 451-457.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:393-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Vaona & Natalia Magnani, 2014. "Access to electricity and socio-economic characteristics: panel data evidence from 31 countries," Working Papers 15/2014, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Marian Leimbach & Niklas Roming & Gregor Schwerhoff & Anselm Schultes, 2016. "Development perspectives of Sub-Saharan Africa under climate policies," EcoMod2016 9336, EcoMod.
- Chirambo, Dumisani, 2016. "Addressing the renewable energy financing gap in Africa to promote universal energy access: Integrated renewable energy financing in Malawi," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 793-803.
- Serwaa Mensah, Gifty & Kemausuor, Francis & Brew-Hammond, Abeeku, 2014. "Energy access indicators and trends in Ghana," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 317-323.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy access; Decision support; Policy targets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:47:y:2012:i:s1:p:56-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .