Net energy yield from production of conventional oil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsoskounoglou, Miltos & Ayerides, George & Tritopoulou, Efi, 2008. "The end of cheap oil: Current status and prospects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3797-3806, October.
- Chapman, P. F. & Leach, G. & Slesser, M., 1974. "2. The energy cost of fuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 231-243, September.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Stern, David I., 2000. "Aggregation and the role of energy in the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-317, February.
- Hirsch, Robert L., 2008. "Mitigation of maximum world oil production: Shortage scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 881-889, February.
- Peet, N. J. & Baines, J. T. & Macdonald, M. G. & Tohill, J. C. & Bassett, R. M., 1987. "Energy supply and net energy in New Zealand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 239-248, June.
- Rauh, A. & Seelert, W., 1984. "The Betz optimum efficiency for windmills," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 15-23.
- Cleveland, Cutler J., 2005. "Net energy from the extraction of oil and gas in the United States," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 769-782.
- Shaw, Daigee & Hung, Ming-Feng & Lin, Yi-Hao, 2010. "Using net energy output as the base to develop renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7504-7507, November.
- Sorrell, Steve & Speirs, Jamie & Bentley, Roger & Brandt, Adam & Miller, Richard, 2010. "Global oil depletion: A review of the evidence," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5290-5295, September.
- Lloyd, Bob & Forest, Andrew S., 2010. "The transition to renewables: Can PV provide an answer to the peak oil and climate change challenges?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7378-7394, November.
- Bullard, Clark W. & Herendeen, Robert A., 1975. "The energy cost of goods and services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 268-278, December.
- Aleklett, Kjell & Höök, Mikael & Jakobsson, Kristofer & Lardelli, Michael & Snowden, Simon & Söderbergh, Bengt, 2010. "The Peak of the Oil Age - Analyzing the world oil production Reference Scenario in World Energy Outlook 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1398-1414, March.
- Greene, David L. & Hopson, Janet L. & Li, Jia, 2006. "Have we run out of oil yet? Oil peaking analysis from an optimist's perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 515-531, March.
- Lloyd, Bob & Subbarao, Srikanth, 2009. "Development challenges under the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)--Can renewable energy initiatives be put in place before peak oil?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 237-245, January.
- Junginger, M. & Faaij, A. & Turkenburg, W. C., 2005. "Global experience curves for wind farms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 133-150, January.
- Leach, Gerald, 1975. "Net energy analysis -- is it any use?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 332-344, December.
- Cleveland, Cutler J., 1993. "An exploration of alternative measures of natural resource scarcity: the case of petroleum resources in the U.S," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 123-157, April.
- Jefferson, Michael, 2008. "Accelerating the transition to sustainable energy systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4116-4125, November.
- Bentley, R.W. & Mannan, S.A. & Wheeler, S.J., 2007. "Assessing the date of the global oil peak: The need to use 2P reserves," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6364-6382, December.
- Liu, Zhicen & Koerwer, Joel & Nemoto, Jiro & Imura, Hidefumi, 2008. "Physical energy cost serves as the "invisible hand" governing economic valuation: Direct evidence from biogeochemical data and the U.S. metal market," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 104-108, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhaoyang Kong & Xiucheng Dong & Bo Xu & Rui Li & Qiang Yin & Cuifang Song, 2015. "EROI Analysis for Direct Coal Liquefaction without and with CCS: The Case of the Shenhua DCL Project in China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-22, January.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:2:p:313-:d:129815 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krumdieck, S. & Page, S., 2013. "Retro-analysis of liquid bio-ethanol and bio-diesel in New Zealand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 363-371.
- Arvesen, Anders & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2015. "More caution is needed when using life cycle assessment to determine energy return on investment (EROI)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-6.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Ramos Tercero, Elia Armandina & Sforza, Eleonora & Bertucco, Alberto, 2013. "Energy profitability analysis for microalgal biocrude production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 373-379.
- Brandt, Adam R. & Dale, Michael & Barnhart, Charles J., 2013. "Calculating systems-scale energy efficiency and net energy returns: A bottom-up matrix-based approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 235-247.
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:232-242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Court & Florian Fizaine, 2015. "Estimations of very long-term time series of global energy return-on-investment (EROI) of coal, oil and gas productions," Working Papers 1510, Chaire Economie du climat.
- Bo Xu & Lianyong Feng & William X. Wei & Yan Hu & Jianliang Wang, 2014. "A Preliminary Forecast of the Production Status of China’s Daqing Oil field from the Perspective of EROI," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-21, November.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:4:p:534-:d:95815 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEROI; Peak oil; Energy quality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:11:p:7095-7102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.