Methods of dealing with co-products of biofuels in life-cycle analysis and consequent results within the U.S. context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- מחקר - ביטוח לאומי, 2007. "ינואר 2007," Working Papers 212, National Insurance Institute of Israel.
- Wang, Michael Q., 2008. "Well-to-Wheels Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emission Results and Issues of Fuel Ethanol," Lifecycle Carbon Footprint of Biofuels Workshop, January 29, 2008, Miami Beach, Florida 49098, Farm Foundation.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:252:y:2013:i:c:p:176-184 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carneiro, Maria Luisa N.M. & Pradelle, Florian & Braga, Sergio L. & Gomes, Marcos Sebastião P. & Martins, Ana Rosa F.A. & Turkovics, Franck & Pradelle, Renata N.C., 2017. "Potential of biofuels from algae: Comparison with fossil fuels, ethanol and biodiesel in Europe and Brazil through life cycle assessment (LCA)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 632-653.
- Pereira, L.G. & Dias, M.O.S. & Mariano, A.P. & Maciel Filho, R. & Bonomi, A., 2015. "Economic and environmental assessment of n-butanol production in an integrated first and second generation sugarcane biorefinery: Fermentative versus catalytic routes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 120-131.
- Dzikuć, Maciej & Piwowar, Arkadiusz, 2016. "Ecological and economic aspects of electric energy production using the biomass co-firing method: The case of Poland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 856-862.
- Thomassen, Gwenny & Van Dael, Miet & Lemmens, Bert & Van Passel, Steven, 2017. "A review of the sustainability of algal-based biorefineries: Towards an integrated assessment framework," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 876-887.
- Yang, Q. & Chen, G.Q., 2012. "Nonrenewable energy cost of corn-ethanol in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 340-347.
- Krohn, Brian J. & Fripp, Matthias, 2012. "A life cycle assessment of biodiesel derived from the “niche filling” energy crop camelina in the USA," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 92-98.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:565-578 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soratana, Kullapa & Khanna, Vikas & Landis, Amy E., 2013. "Re-envisioning the renewable fuel standard to minimize unintended consequences: A comparison of microalgal diesel with other biodiesels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 194-204.
- Boschiero, Martina & Kelderer, Markus & Schmitt, Armin O. & Andreotti, Carlo & Zerbe, Stefan, 2015. "Influence of agricultural residues interpretation and allocation procedures on the environmental performance of bioelectricity production – A case study on woodchips from apple orchards," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 235-245.
- Menten, Fabio & Chèze, Benoît & Patouillard, Laure & Bouvart, Frédérique, 2013. "A review of LCA greenhouse gas emissions results for advanced biofuels: The use of meta-regression analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 108-134.
- Fabio Menten & Benoît Chèze & Laure Patouillard & Frédérique Bouvart, 2013. "The use of Meta-Regression Analysis to harmonize LCA literature: an application to GHG emissions of 2nd and 3rd generation biofuels," Working Papers 2013/01, INRA, Economie Publique.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p2:p:3159-3177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Trivedi, Parthsarathi & Olcay, Hakan & Staples, Mark D. & Withers, Mitch R. & Malina, Robert & Barrett, Steven R.H., 2015. "Energy return on investment for alternative jet fuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 167-174.
- Zhao, Lili & Ou, Xunmin & Chang, Shiyan, 2016. "Life-cycle greenhouse gas emission and energy use of bioethanol produced from corn stover in China: Current perspectives and future prospectives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 303-313.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:253:y:2013:i:c:p:70-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adamczyk, Janusz & Dzikuć, Maciej, 2014. "The analysis of suppositions included in the Polish Energetic Policy using the LCA technique—Poland case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 42-50.
- Menten, Fabio & Tchung-Ming, Stéphane & Lorne, Daphné & Bouvart, Frédérique, 2015. "Lessons from the use of a long-term energy model for consequential life cycle assessment: The BTL case," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 942-960.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuels Life-cycle analysis Co-products;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:10:p:5726-5736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .