The third oil price surge - What's different this time?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Locatelli, Catherine, 2006. "The Russian oil industry between public and private governance: obstacles to international oil companies' investment strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1075-1085, June.
- Juan Ruiz, 2004. "Una valoración de la evolución reciente del precio del petróleo," Boletín Económico, Banco de España;Boletín Económico Homepage, issue DEC, Diciembre.
- Radetzki, Marian, 2006. "The anatomy of three commodity booms," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 56-64, March.
- Sanders, Dwight R. & Boris, Keith & Manfredo, Mark, 2004. "Hedgers, funds, and small speculators in the energy futures markets: an analysis of the CFTC's Commitments of Traders reports," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 425-445, May.
- Param Silvapulle & Imad A. Moosa, 1999. "The relationship between spot and futures prices: Evidence from the crude oil market," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 175-193, April.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Dees, Stephane & Gasteuil, Audrey & Mann, Michael, 2008. "Oil prices: The role of refinery utilization, futures markets and non-linearities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2609-2622, September.
- Bekiros, Stelios D. & Diks, Cees G.H., 2008.
"The relationship between crude oil spot and futures prices: Cointegration, linear and nonlinear causality,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2673-2685, September.
- Bekiros, S. & Diks, C.G.H., 2007. "The Relationship between Crude Oil Spot and Futures Prices: Cointegration, Linear and Nonlinear Causality," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-11, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Ruiz, Juan, 2004. "Causas y consecuencias de la evolución reciente del precio del petróleo," MPRA Paper 431, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James D. Hamilton, 2009. "Understanding Crude Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 179-206.
- Roberto F. Aguilera & Roderick G. Eggert & Gustavo Lagos C.C. & John E. Tilton, 2009. "Depletion and the Future Availability of Petroleum Resources," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 141-174.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
- Sheehan, Richard G. & Kelly, Neil, 1983. "Oil prices and world inflation," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 235-238, June.
- Weiner, Robert J., 2002. "Sheep in wolves' clothing? Speculators and price volatility in petroleum futures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 391-400.
- Lutz Kilian, 2009.
"Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1053-1069, June.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2006. "Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 5994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Catherine Locatelli, 2006. "The russian oil industry between public and private governance : obstacles to international oil companies' investment strategies," Post-Print halshs-00002159, HAL.
- Thomas V. Schwarz & Andrew C. Szakmary, 1994. "Price discovery in petroleum markets: Arbitrage, cointegration, and the time interval of analysis," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 147-167, April.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Ullman, Ben, 2009. "Oil prices, speculation, and fundamentals: Interpreting causal relations among spot and futures prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 550-558, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davig, Troy A. & Cakir Melek, Nida & Nie, Jun & Tuzemen, Didem & Smith, Andrew Lee, 2015. "Evaluating a year of oil price volatility," Macro Bulletin, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 1-3, Sept 8.
- Ma, Linwei & Fu, Feng & Li, Zheng & Liu, Pei, 2012. "Oil development in China: Current status and future trends," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 43-53.
- Glöser, Simon & Tercero Espinoza, Luis & Gandenberger, Carsten & Faulstich, Martin, 2015. "Raw material criticality in the context of classical risk assessment," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 35-46.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:42-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lammerding, Marc & Stephan, Patrick & Trede, Mark & Wilfling, Bernd, 2013.
"Speculative bubbles in recent oil price dynamics: Evidence from a Bayesian Markov-switching state-space approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 491-502.
- Marc Lammerding & Patrick Stephan & Mark Trede & Bernd Wilfling, 2012. "Speculative bubbles in recent oil price dynamics: Evidence from a Bayesian Markov-switching state-space approach," CQE Working Papers 2312, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:358-365 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Hao & Liao, Hua & Tang, Bao-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"Impacts of OPEC's political risk on the international crude oil prices: An empirical analysis based on the SVAR models,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 42-49.
- Hao Chen & Hua Liao & Bao-Jun Tang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "Impacts of OPEC's political risk on the international crude oil prices: An empirical analysis based on the SVAR models," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 96, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- repec:taf:quantf:v:16:y:2016:i:12:p:1917-1928 is not listed on IDEAS
- Njimanted Godfrey Forgha & Molem Christopher Sama & Elvis Dze Achuo, 2015. "Petroleum Products Price Fluctuations and Economic Growth in Cameroon," Growth, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 2(2), pages 30-40.
- Zhang, Yue-Jun & Yao, Ting, 2016. "Interpreting the movement of oil prices: Driven by fundamentals or bubbles?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 226-240.
- Hache, Emmanuel & Lantz, Frédéric, 2013. "Speculative trading and oil price dynamic: A study of the WTI market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 334-340.
- Jakobsson, Kristofer & Söderbergh, Bengt & Snowden, Simon & Li, Chuan-Zhong & Aleklett, Kjell, 2012. "Oil exploration and perceptions of scarcity: The fallacy of early success," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1226-1233.
- Tokic, Damir, 2012. "Speculation and the 2008 oil bubble: The DCOT Report analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 541-550.
- Tokic, Damir, 2011. "Rational destabilizing speculation, positive feedback trading, and the oil bubble of 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2051-2061, April.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:536-546 is not listed on IDEAS
- Natanelov, Valeri & Alam, Mohammad J. & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2011. "Is there co-movement of agricultural commodities futures prices and crude oil?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4971-4984, September.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Kaufmann, Philipp & Siklos, Pierre L., 2015. "What drove the mid-2000s explosiveness in alternative energy stock prices? Evidence from U.S., European and global indices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 194-206.
- Zhao, Chunfu & Chen, Bin, 2014. "China’s oil security from the supply chain perspective: A review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 269-279.
- Nizar, Muhammad Afdi, 2012.
"Dampak Fluktuasi Harga Minyak Dunia Terhadap Perekonomian Indonesia
[The Impact of World Oil Prices Fluctuation on Indonesia’s Economy]," MPRA Paper 65601, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:341-355 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:ausecp:v:57:y:2018:i:1:p:1-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bahattin Buyuksahin & Reinhard Ellwanger & Kun Mo & Konrad Zmitrowicz, 2016. "Low for Longer? Why the Global Oil Market in 2014 Is Not Like 1986," Staff Analytical Notes 16-11, Bank of Canada.
- Rigoberto Ariel Yépez-García & Luis San Vicente Portes & Luis Enrique García, 2013. "Planning for Higher Oil Prices : Power Sector Impact in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17547, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsCrude oil Oil price crisis Price influence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:3:p:1596-1606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.