The impact of increased interconnection on electricity systems with large penetrations of wind generation: A case study of Ireland and Great Britain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tuohy, Aidan & Meibom, Peter & Denny, Eleanor & O'Malley, Mark, 2009. "Unit commitment for systems with significant wind penetration," MPRA Paper 34849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bo, Zeng & Shaojie, Ouyang & Jianhua, Zhang & Hui, Shi & Geng, Wu & Ming, Zeng, 2015. "An analysis of previous blackouts in the world: Lessons for China׳s power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1151-1163.
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek W., 2017. "Optimal over installation of wind generation facilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 87-96.
- Doorman, Gerard L. & Frøystad, Dag Martin, 2013. "The economic impacts of a submarine HVDC interconnection between Norway and Great Britain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 334-344.
- McInerney, Celine & Bunn, Derek, 2013. "Valuation anomalies for interconnector transmission rights," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 565-578.
- Higgins, P. & Li, K. & Devlin, J. & Foley, A.M., 2015. "The significance of interconnector counter-trading in a security constrained electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 110-124.
- Jan Horst Keppler & Sébastien Phan & Yannick Le Pen & Charlotte Boureau, 2017. "The Impact of Intermittent Renewable Production and Market Coupling on the Convergence of French and German Electricity Prices," Working Papers hal-01599700, HAL.
- Higgins, P. & Foley, A.M. & Douglas, R. & Li, K., 2014. "Impact of offshore wind power forecast error in a carbon constraint electricity market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 187-197.
- Blarke, Morten B. & Dotzauer, Erik, 2011. "Intermittency-friendly and high-efficiency cogeneration: Operational optimisation of cogeneration with compression heat pump, flue gas heat recovery, and intermediate cold storage," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 6867-6878.
- Clancy, J.M. & Gaffney, F. & Deane, J.P. & Curtis, J. & Ó Gallachóir, B.P., 2015. "Fossil fuel and CO2 emissions savings on a high renewable electricity system – A single year case study for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 151-164.
- Jorge, Raquel S. & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2013. "Environmental evaluation of power transmission in Norway," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 513-520.
- John Curtis, Valeria Di Cosmo, and Paul Deane, 2014.
"Climate policy, interconnection and carbon leakage: The effect of unilateral UK policy on electricity and GHG emissions in Ireland,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Curtis, John & di Cosmo, Valeria & Deane, Paul, 2013. "Climate policy, Interconnection and Carbon Leakage: the Effect of Unilateral UK Policy on Electricity and GHG Emissions in Ireland," Papers WP458, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Curtis, John & di Cosmo, Valeria & Deane, Paul, 2014. "Climate Policy, Interconnection and Carbon Leakage: The Effect of Unilateral UK Policy on Electricity and GHG Emissions in Ireland," Papers RB2014/1/7, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M. & Ritz, R. & Strielkowski, W., 2017. "Market design for a high-renewables European electricity system," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1726, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pean, Emmanuel & Pirouti, Marouf & Qadrdan, Meysam, 2016. "Role of the GB-France electricity interconnectors in integration of variable renewable generation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 307-314.
- Koltsaklis, Nikolaos E. & Dagoumas, Athanasios S. & Georgiadis, Michael C. & Papaioannou, George & Dikaiakos, Christos, 2016. "A mid-term, market-based power systems planning model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 17-35.
- Jan Horst Keppler, Sebastien Phan, and Yannick Le Pen, 2016.
"The Impacts of Variable Renewable Production and Market Coupling on the Convergence of French and German Electricity Prices,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Jan Horst Keppler & Yannick Le Pen & Sébastien Phan, 2016. "The impacts of variable renewable production and market coupling on the convergence of French and German electricity prices," Post-Print hal-01609447, HAL.
- Aidan Tuohy & Ben Kaun & Robert Entriken, 2014. "Storage and demand-side options for integrating wind power," Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Energy and Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 93-109, January.
- Ciarreta Antuñano, Aitor & Zárraga Alonso, Ainhoa, 2012. "Analysis of volatility transmissions in integrated and interconnected markets: The case of the Iberian and French markets," BILTOKI Biltoki;2012-04, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:298-:d:128447 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sébastien Phan & Fabien Roques, 2015. "Is the depressive effect of renewables on power prices contagious? A cross border econometric analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1527, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tang, Xinhua & Zhou, Jianjun, 2012. "A future role for cascade hydropower in the electricity system of China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 358-363.
- Mc Garrigle, E.V. & Deane, J.P. & Leahy, P.G., 2013. "How much wind energy will be curtailed on the 2020 Irish power system?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 544-553.
- Dutton, Joseph & Lockwood, Matthew, 2017. "Ideas, institutions and interests in the politics of cross-border electricity interconnection: Greenlink, Britain and Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 375-385.
More about this item
KeywordsInterconnection Wind power generation Power system operation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:11:p:6946-6954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.