Methodology for the assessment of the impact of existing high voltage lines in urban areas
This paper presents a methodology for the assessment of the impact of existing high voltage lines in urban areas. This methodology is based on the numeric evaluation of several impacts which are combined with weight factors. The novelty is that it opens up the possibility of citizen participation, basically in the way in which impacts and weighting factors are determined. The proposed methodology has been applied first in the municipality of Rubí, a mid-sized town near Barcelona, and later on in several municipalities in the Catalonia region in Spain. The results were used to prioritise mitigation action in the Catalonia Energy Plan.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fischbeck, Paul & Vajjhala, Shalini, 2006.
"Quantifying Siting Difficulty: A Case Study of U.S. Transmission Line Siting,"
dp-06-03, Resources For the Future.
- Vajjhala, Shalini P. & Fischbeck, Paul S., 2007. "Quantifying siting difficulty: A case study of US transmission line siting," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 650-671, January.
- Say, Nuriye Peker & Yucel, Muzaffer & Yilmazer, Mehmet, 2007. "A computer-based system for environmental impact assessment (EIA) applications to energy power stations in Turkey: CEDINFO," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6395-6401, December.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "Contextualizing avian mortality: A preliminary appraisal of bird and bat fatalities from wind, fossil-fuel, and nuclear electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2241-2248, June.
- Blok, Kornelis, 2005. "Enhanced policies for the improvement of electricity efficiencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1635-1641, September.
- Raineri, Ricardo, 2010. "Asset life and pricing the use of electricity transmission infrastructure in Chile," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 30-41, January.
- Torres Sibille, Ana del Carmen & Cloquell-Ballester, Víctor-Andrés & Cloquell-Ballester, Vicente-Agustín & Darton, Richard, 2009. "Development and validation of a multicriteria indicator for the assessment of objective aesthetic impact of wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 40-66, January.
- Torres-Sibille, Ana del Carmen & Cloquell-Ballester, Vicente-Agustín & Cloquell-Ballester, Víctor-Andrés & Artacho Ramírez, Miguel Ángel, 2009. "Aesthetic impact assessment of solar power plants: An objective and a subjective approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 986-999, June.
- Ross Marshall & Ross Baxter, 2002. "Strategic Routeing and Environmental Impact Assessment for Overhead Electrical Transmission Lines," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 747-764.
- Bardouille, Pepukaye & Koubsky, Jan, 2000. "Incorporating sustainable development considerations into energy sector decision-making: Malmo Flintranen district heating facility case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 689-711, August.
- Johannesson, Magnus, 1995. "The relationship between cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-benefit analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 483-489, August.
- Vaidya, Omkarprasad S. & Kumar, Sushil, 2006. "Analytic hierarchy process: An overview of applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 169(1), pages 1-29, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:10:p:6036-6044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.