A longitudinal analysis of the UK transport sector, 1970-2010
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ediger, Volkan S. & Camdali, Unal, 2007. "Energy and exergy efficiencies in Turkish transportation sector, 1988-2004," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1238-1244, February.
- Sciubba, Enrico & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2005. "Emergy and exergy analyses: Complementary methods or irreducible ideological options?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1953-1988.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Stern, David I., 2000. "Aggregation and the role of energy in the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 301-317, February.
- Rosen, Marc A. & Dincer, Ibrahim & Kanoglu, Mehmet, 2008. "Role of exergy in increasing efficiency and sustainability and reducing environmental impact," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 128-137, January.
- Patterson, Murray, 1998. "Commensuration and theories of value in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 105-126, April.
- Ji, Xi & Chen, G.Q., 2006. "Exergy analysis of energy utilization in the transportation sector in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(14), pages 1709-1719, September.
- Dincer, Ibrahim, 2002. "The role of exergy in energy policy making," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 137-149, January.
- Saidur, R. & Sattar, M.A. & Masjuki, H.H. & Ahmed, S. & Hashim, U., 2007. "An estimation of the energy and exergy efficiencies for the energy resources consumption in the transportation sector in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4018-4026, August.
- Balocco, C. & Papeschi, S. & Grazzini, G. & Basosi, R., 2004. "Using exergy to analyze the sustainability of an urban area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 231-244, February.
- Stephen Glaister, 2002. "Uk Transport Policy 1997--2001," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 154-186, June.
- Hammond, G.P.Geoffrey P., 2004. "Towards sustainability: energy efficiency, thermodynamic analysis, and the `two cultures'," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1789-1798, November.
- Utlu, Zafer & Hepbasli, Arif, 2007. "Parametrical investigation of the effect of dead (reference) state on energy and exergy utilization efficiencies of residential-commercial sectors: A review and an application," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 603-634, May.
- Daly, Herman E., 1990. "Toward some operational principles of sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-6, April.
- Farber, Stephen C. & Costanza, Robert & Wilson, Matthew A., 2002. "Economic and ecological concepts for valuing ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 375-392, June.
- Tapio, Petri & Banister, David & Luukkanen, Jyrki & Vehmas, Jarmo & Willamo, Risto, 2007. "Energy and transport in comparison: Immaterialisation, dematerialisation and decarbonisation in the EU15 between 1970 and 2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 433-451, January.
- Nakićenović, Nebojsa & Gilli, Paul Viktor & Kurz, Rainer, 1996. "Regional and global exergy and energy efficiencies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 223-237.
- Utlu, Zafer & Hepbasli, Arif, 2006. "Assessment of the energy utilization efficiency in the Turkish transportation sector between 2000 and 2020 using energy and exergy analysis method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1611-1618, September.
- Wall, Göran, 1990. "Exergy conversion in the Japanese society," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 435-444.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Motasemi, F. & Afzal, Muhammad T. & Salema, Arshad Adam & Moghavvemi, M. & Shekarchian, M. & Zarifi, F. & Mohsin, R., 2014. "Energy and exergy utilization efficiencies and emission performance of Canadian transportation sector, 1990–2035," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 355-366.
- Byers, Edward A. & Gasparatos, Alexandros & Serrenho, André C., 2015. "A framework for the exergy analysis of future transport pathways: Application for the United Kingdom transport system 2010–2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 849-862.
- Serrenho, André Cabrera & Warr, Benjamin & Sousa, Tânia & Ayres, Robert U. & Domingos, Tiago, 2016. "Structure and dynamics of useful work along the agriculture-industry-services transition: Portugal from 1856 to 2009," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-21.
- Zhang, Bo & Chen, G.Q. & Li, J.S. & Tao, L., 2014. "Methane emissions of energy activities in China 1980–2007," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 11-21.
- Zhang, Bo & Chen, G.Q. & Xia, X.H. & Li, S.C. & Chen, Z.M. & Ji, Xi, 2012. "Environmental emissions by Chinese industry: Exergy-based unifying assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 490-501.
- Zhang, Bo & Chen, G.Q., 2014. "Methane emissions in China 2007," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 886-902.
- Zhang, Bo & Chen, G.Q., 2010. "Physical sustainability assessment for the China society: Exergy-based systems account for resources use and environmental emissions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1527-1545, August.
- Hall, Lisa M.H. & Buckley, Alastair R., 2016. "A review of energy systems models in the UK: Prevalent usage and categorisation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 607-628.
- Bo Zhang & Suping Peng & Xiangyang Xu & Lijie Wang, 2011. "Embodiment Analysis for Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Chinese Economy Based on Global Thermodynamic Potentials," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(11), pages 1-19, November.
More about this item
KeywordsExergy Atmospheric emissions Transport;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:2:p:623-632. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.