What causes home asset bias and how should it be measured?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bottazzi, Laura & Pesenti, Paolo & van Wincoop, Eric, 1996. "Wages, profits and the international portfolio puzzle," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 219-254, February.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1991.
"Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
3609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Tesar, Linda L. & Werner, Ingrid M., 1995. "Home bias and high turnover," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 467-492, August.
- Vihang Errunza & Ked Hogan & Mao-Wei Hung, 1999. "Can the Gains from International Diversification Be Achieved without Trading Abroad?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2075-2107, December.
- Brainard, William C & Tobin, James, 1992.
"On the Internationalization of Portfolios,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 533-565, October.
- Brainard, William & Tobin, James, 1991. "On the Internationalization of Portfolios," Discussion Papers 389, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1991. "On the Internationalization of Portfolios," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 991, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- French, Kenneth R. & Poterba, James M., 1990. "Japanese and U.S. cross-border common stock investments," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 476-493, December.
- Glassman, Debra A. & Riddick, Leigh A., 1996. "Why empirical international portfolio models fail: evidence that model misspecification creates home asset bias," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 275-312, April.
- Robert J. Shiller & Fumiko Kon-Ya & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 1991. "Speculative Behavior in the Stock Markets: Evidence from the United States and Japan," NBER Working Papers 3613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Baxter & Urban J. Jermann, 1995.
"The International Diversification Puzzle is Worse Than You Think,"
NBER Working Papers
5019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baxter, Marianne & Jermann, Urban J, 1997. "The International Diversification Puzzle Is Worse Than You Think," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 170-180, March.
- Baxter, M. & Jermann, U.J., 1993. "The International Diversification Puzzle is Worse than you Think," RCER Working Papers 350, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jorion, Philippe, 1985. "International Portfolio Diversification with Estimation Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 259-278, July.
- Glassman, Debra A. & Riddick, Leigh A., 1994. "International diversification: New evidence on market segmentation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 73-92.
- Jarl G. Kallberg & Crocker H. Liu & D. Wylie Greig, 1996. "The Role of Real Estate in the Portfolio Allocation Process," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 24(3), pages 359-377.
- Graeme Newell & James R. Webb, 1996. "Assessing Risk for International Real Estate Investments," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 11(2), pages 103-116.
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 1999. "Home Bias at Home: Local Equity Preference in Domestic Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2045-2073, December.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1985. "Differential Information and Security Market Equilibrium," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 407-422, December.
- Adler, Michael & Dumas, Bernard, 1983. " International Portfolio Choice and Corporation Finance: A Synthesis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 925-984, June.
- Linda L. Tesar & Ingrid M. Werner, 1994.
"International Equity Transactions and U.S. Portfolio Choice,"
in: The Internationalization of Equity Markets, pages 185-227
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda L. Tesar & Ingrid M. Werner, 1994. "International Equity Transactions and U.S. Portfolio Choice," NBER Working Papers 4611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cdl:ucsbec:16-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1993. " An Information Based Explanation of the Domestic Bias in International Equity Investment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 97-109.
- Cooper, Ian & Kaplanis, Evi, 1994. "Home Bias in Equity Portfolios, Inflation Hedging, and International Capital Market Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 45-60.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:8:y:2001:i:1:p:35-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.