Long term dependence in stock returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Myung Jig Kim & Charles R. Nelson & Richard Startz, 1991.
"Mean Reversion in Stock Prices? A Reappraisal of the Empirical Evidence,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 515-528.
- Myung Jig Kim & Charles R. Nelson & Richard Startz, 1988. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices? A Reappraisal of the Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x, January.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong, 1993. "Long Memory in Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 93-101, January.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-273, April.
- Lo, Andrew W, 1991.
"Long-Term Memory in Stock Market Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1279-1313, September.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1989. "Long-term Memory in Stock Market Prices," NBER Working Papers 2984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Andrew W. (Andrew Wen-Chuan), 1989. "Long-term memory in stock market prices," Working papers 3014-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RSSTATISTIC: RATS procedure to compute R/S Statistic (classical or Lo's modified)," Statistical Software Components RTS00191, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan, 1990. " Evidence of Predictable Behavior of Security Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 881-898, July.
- Greene, Myron T. & Fielitz, Bruce D., 1977. "Long-term dependence in common stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 339-349, May.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1988.
"Mean reversion in stock prices : Evidence and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-59, October.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 2343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1990. "The Fractional Unit Root Distribution," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(2), pages 495-505, March.
- Goetzmann, William Nelson, 1993. "Patterns in Three Centuries of Stock Market Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(2), pages 249-270, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Assaf, Ata, 2016. "MENA stock market volatility persistence: Evidence before and after the financial crisis of 2008," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 222-240.
- Ivani Bora & Naliniprava Tripathy, 2016. "Random or Deterministic? Evidence from Indian Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1716-1721.
- Mitra, Subrata Kumar & Bawa, Jaslene & Kannadhasan, M. & Goyal, Vinay & Chattopadhyay, Manojit, 2017. "Can profitability through momentum strategies be enhanced applying a range to standard deviation filter?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 269-273.
- Morales-Pelagio, Ricardo Cristhian & López-Herrera, Francisco & Cabrera-Llanos, Agustín Ignacio, 2013. "Eficiencia de las principales acciones de la bolsa mexicana de valores: 2001-2012," eseconomía, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(37), pages 55-75, primer tr.
- Howe, John S. & Martin, Deryl W. & WoodJr., Bob G., 1999. "Much ado about nothing: Long-term memory in Pacific Rim equity markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 139-151, June.
- Sutthisit Jamdee & Cornelis A. Los, 2005. "Multifractal Modeling of the US Treasury Term Structure and Fed Funds Rate," Finance 0502021, EconWPA.
- Goddard, John & Onali, Enrico, 2012. "Self-affinity in financial asset returns," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-11.
- Jonathan Dark, 2004. "Long memory in the volatility of the Australian All Ordinaries Index and the Share Price Index futures," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 5/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Sensoy, Ahmet & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2015. "Time-varying long term memory in the European Union stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 436(C), pages 147-158.
- Batten, Jonathan & Ellis, Craig & Mellor, Robert, 1999. "Scaling laws in variance as a measure of long-term dependence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 123-138, June.
- Onali, Enrico & Goddard, John, 2011.
"Are European equity markets efficient? New evidence from fractal analysis,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 59-67, April.
- Enrico Onali & John Goddard, 2014. "Are European equity markets efficient? New evidence from fractal analysis," Papers 1402.1440, arXiv.org.
- Jamdee, Sutthisit & Los, Cornelis A., 2007. "Long memory options: LM evidence and simulations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 260-280, June.
- Mishra, Ritesh Kumar & Sehgal, Sanjay & Bhanumurthy, N.R., 2011. "A search for long-range dependence and chaotic structure in Indian stock market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 96-104, May.
- Ellis, Craig, 1999. "Estimation of the ARFIMA (p, d, q) fractional differencing parameter (d) using the classical rescaled adjusted range technique," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-65.
- Mitra, S.K. & Bawa, Jaslene, 2017. "Can trade opportunities and returns be generated in a trend persistent series? Evidence from global indices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 469(C), pages 124-135.
- Pierdzioch, Christian & Stadtmann, Georg, 1999. "Komplexe Aktien- und Wechselkursdynamik in einem makroökonomischen Modell mit heterogener Erwartungsbildung," Kiel Working Papers 911, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gündüz, Yalin & Kaya, Orcun, 2013. "Sovereign default swap market efficiency and country risk in the eurozone," Discussion Papers 08/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:spr:jecfin:v:42:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s12197-017-9385-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Noemi Nava & Tiziana Di Matteo & Tomaso Aste, 2015. "Time-dependent scaling patterns in high frequency financial data," Papers 1508.07428, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2015.
- A. Sensoy & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2013. "How much random does European Union walk? A time-varying long memory analysis," Working Papers Series 342, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Gerlich, Nikolas & Rostek, Stefan, 2015. "Estimating serial correlation and self-similarity in financial time series—A diversification approach with applications to high frequency data," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 434(C), pages 84-98.
- Assaf, Ata, 2015. "Long memory and level shifts in REITs returns and volatility," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 172-182.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:3:y:1996:i:4:p:393-417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.