The search for information -- A patient perspective on multiple opinions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Peter A. Morris, 1986. "Observations on Expert Aggregation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 321-328, March.
- R. Jagannathan, 1985. "Use of Sample Information in Stochastic Recourse and Chance-Constrained Programming Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(1), pages 96-108, January.
- Andrew J. Hogan & James G. Morris & Howard E. Thompson, 1981. "Decision Problems Under Risk and Chance Constrained Programming: Dilemmas in the Transition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 698-716, June.
- S. French, 1986. "Calibration and the Expert Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 315-321, March.
- Thomas S. Wallsten & David V. Budescu, 1983. "State of the Art---Encoding Subjective Probabilities: A Psychological and Psychometric Review," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(2), pages 151-173, February.
- Robert L. Winkler, 1981. "Combining Probability Distributions from Dependent Information Sources," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 479-488, April.
- Mark J. Schervish, 1986. "Comments on Some Axioms for Combining Expert Judgments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 306-312, March.
- Hilton, Ronald W., 1990. "Failure of Blackwell's Theorem under Machina's generalization of expected-utility analysis without the independence axiom," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 233-244, March.
- Newhouse, Joseph P. & Lindsey, Phoebe, 1988. "Do second opinion programs improve outcomes?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 285-288, September.
- Mark J Machina, 1982.
""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7650, David K. Levine.
- Machina, Mark J, 1982. ""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 277-323, March.
- Robert T. Clemen, 1986. "Calibration and the Aggregation of Probabilities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 312-314, March.
- Amiram Gafni & George W. Torrance, 1984. "Risk Attitude and Time Preference in Health," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 440-451, April.
- Rochaix, Lise, 1989. "Information asymmetry and search in the market for physicians' services," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 53-84, March.
- Schlee, Edward, 1990. "The Value of Information in Anticipated Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 83-92, March.
- Koichi Miyasawa, 1968. "Information Structures in Stochastic Programming Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(5), pages 275-291, January.
- Peter A. Morris, 1977. "Combining Expert Judgments: A Bayesian Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(7), pages 679-693, March.
- Dennis V. Lindley, 1986. "Another Look at an Axiomatic Approach to Expert Resolution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 303-306, March.
- H. V. Ravinder & Don N. Kleinmuntz & James S. Dyer, 1988. "The Reliability of Subjective Probabilities Obtained Through Decomposition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 186-199, February.
- Robert Carbone & Abraham Mehrez, 1980. "Note---The Single Facility Minimax Distance Problem Under Stochastic Location of Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(1), pages 113-115, January.
- Peter J. Lenk & Barry D. Floyd, 1988. "Dynamically Updating Relevance Judgements in Probabilistic Information Systems Via Users' Feedback," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1450-1459, December.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- G. Hanoch & H. Levy, 1969. "The Efficiency Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 335-346.
- Robert L. Winkler, 1986. "Expert Resolution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(3), pages 298-303, March.
- Peter A. Morris, 1983. "An Axiomatic Approach to Expert Resolution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Kevin F. McCardle, 1985. "Information Acquisition and the Adoption of New Technology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(11), pages 1372-1389, November.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Richard Jensen, 1988. "Information Cost and Innovation Adoption Policies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(2), pages 230-239, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:85:y:1995:i:2:p:244-262. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.