When should service firms provide free experience service?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlton, Dennis W & Chevalier, Judith A, 2001.
"Free Riding and Sales Strategies for the Internet,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 441-461, December.
- Hong Chen & Murray Frank, 1995. "Monopoly Pricing When Customers Queue," Industrial Organization 9504001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philipp Afèche & Haim Mendelson, 2004. "Pricing and Priority Auctions in Queueing Systems with a Generalized Delay Cost Structure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 869-882, July.
- Jiwoong Shin, 2007. "How Does Free Riding on Customer Service Affect Competition?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(4), pages 488-503, 07-08.
- De Vany, Arthur S, 1976. "Uncertainty, Waiting Time, and Capacity Utilization: A Stochastic Theory of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(3), pages 523-541, June.
- Leon Yang Chu & Hao Zhang, 2011. "Optimal Preorder Strategy with Endogenous Information Control," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1055-1077, June.
- Hassin, Refael, 1986. "Consumer Information in Markets with Random Product Quality: The Case of Queues and Balking," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1185-1195, September.
- Edelson, Noel M & Hildebrand, David K, 1975. "Congestion Tolls for Poisson Queuing Processes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 81-92, January.
- Gong, Qiguo & Lai, K.K. & Wang, Shouyang, 2008. "Supply chain networks: Closed Jackson network models and properties," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 567-574, June.
- Shaler Stidham, 1992. "Pricing and Capacity Decisions for a Service Facility: Stability and Multiple Local Optima," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(8), pages 1121-1139, August.
- Naor, P, 1969. "The Regulation of Queue Size by Levying Tolls," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 15-24, January.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Matthew Shum, 2005. "Uncertainty and Learning in Pharmaceutical Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1137-1173, July.
- Daniel A. Ackerberg, 2003. "Advertising, learning, and consumer choice in experience good markets: an empirical examination," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(3), pages 1007-1040, August.
- Guo, Pengfei & Sun, Wei & Wang, Yulan, 2011. "Equilibrium and optimal strategies to join a queue with partial information on service times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 284-297, October.
- Knudsen, Niels Chr, 1972. "Individual and Social Optimization in a Multiserver Queue with a General Cost-Benefit Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 515-528, May.
- Wang, Jinting & Zhang, Feng, 2013. "Strategic joining in M/M/1 retrial queues," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(1), pages 76-87.
- Boudali, Olga & Economou, Antonis, 2012. "Optimal and equilibrium balking strategies in the single server Markovian queue with catastrophes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(3), pages 708-715.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ying Shi & Xin Li & Ping Fan, 2016. "Optimization of an M/M/∞ Queueing System with Free Experience Service," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 33(06), pages 1-17, December.
- Shi, Ying & Lian, Zhaotong, 2016. "Optimization and strategic behavior in a passenger–taxi service system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 249(3), pages 1024-1032.
- Lian, Zhaotong & Gu, Xinhua & Wu, Jinbiao, 2016. "A re-examination of experience service offering and regular service pricing under profit maximization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 254(3), pages 907-915.
More about this item
KeywordsQueueing; Revenue management; OR in service industries; Experience service; Delay-sensitive;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:234:y:2014:i:3:p:830-838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.