A lot-sizing and scheduling model for multi-stage flow lines with zero lead times
We present a new model formulation for lot-sizing and scheduling of multi-stage flow lines which works without a fixed lead-time offset and still guarantees a feasible material flow. In the literature, multi-stage lot-sizing model formulations often use a fixed lead time offset of one period leading to increased planned lead times. Computational tests have shown that the total costs resulting from our new model formulation are at least 10% lower. Furthermore, we present a solution approach based on Fix-and-Relax and Fix-and-Optimize. Numerical results show that this solution approach generates high-quality solutions in moderate computational time.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tempelmeier, Horst & Buschkühl, Lisbeth, 2008. "Dynamic multi-machine lotsizing and sequencing with simultaneous scheduling of a common setup resource," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 401-412, May.
- William W. Trigeiro & L. Joseph Thomas & John O. McClain, 1989. "Capacitated Lot Sizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 353-366, March.
- Stadtler, Hartmut, 2011. "Multi-level single machine lot-sizing and scheduling with zero lead times," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(3), pages 241-252, March.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2010.
"A fix-and-optimize approach for the multi-level capacitated lot sizing problem,"
International Journal of Production Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 247-256, February.
- Helber, Stefan & Sahling, Florian, 2008. "A Fix-and-Optimize Approach for the Multi-Level Capacitated Lot Sizing Problems," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-393, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Fandel, Gunter & Stammen-Hegene, Cathrin, 2006. "Simultaneous lot sizing and scheduling for multi-product multi-level production," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 308-316, December.
- Horst Tempelmeier & Matthias Derstroff, 1996. "A Lagrangean-Based Heuristic for Dynamic Multilevel Multiitem Constrained Lotsizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 738-757, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:225:y:2013:i:3:p:404-419. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.