The Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Linked Lot Sizes
In this paper a new mixed integer programming (MIP) model formulation and its incorporation into a time-oriented decomposition heuristic for the capacitated lot-sizing problem with linked lot sizes (CLSPL) is proposed. The solution approach is based on an extended model formulation and valid inequalities to yield a tight formulation. Extensive computational tests prove the capability of this approach and show a superior solution quality with respect to other solution algorithms published so far.
Volume (Year): 49 (2003)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Horst Tempelmeier & Matthias Derstroff, 1996. "A Lagrangean-Based Heuristic for Dynamic Multilevel Multiitem Constrained Lotsizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 738-757, May.
- MILLER, Andrew & NEMHAUSER, George & SAVELSBERGH, Martin, 2000. "Solving multi-item capacitated lot-sizing problems with setup times by branch-and-cut," CORE Discussion Papers 2000039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Maes, Johan & McClain, John O. & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 1991. "Multilevel capacitated lotsizing complexity and LP-based heuristics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 131-148, July.
- Stadtler, Hartmut, 2000. "Improved rolling schedules for the dynamic single level lot sizing problem," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 14079, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Fleischmann, Bernhard, 1990. "The discrete lot-sizing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 337-348, February.
- Stadtler, Hartmut, 1996. "Mixed integer programming model formulations for dynamic multi-item multi-level capacitated lotsizing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 561-581, November.
- Drexl, Andreas & Haase, Knut, 1995. "Proportional lotsizing and scheduling," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 73-87, June.
- Stadtler, Hartmut, 2003. "Multilevel lot sizing with setup times and multiple constrained resources: Internally rolling schedules with lot-sizing windows," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 20204, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Marshall Fisher & Kamalini Ramdas & Yu-Sheng Zheng, 2001. "Ending Inventory Valuation in Multiperiod Production Scheduling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(5), pages 679-692, May.
- Hartmut Stadtler, 2000. "Improved Rolling Schedules for the Dynamic Single-Level Lot-Sizing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(2), pages 318-326, February.
- Mohan Gopalakrishnan & Ke Ding & Jean-Marie Bourjolly & Srimathy Mohan, 2001. "A Tabu-Search Heuristic for the Capacitated Lot-Sizing Problem with Set-up Carryover," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(6), pages 851-863, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:49:y:2003:i:8:p:1039-1054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.