A heuristic approach for big bucket multi-level production planning problems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stadtler, Hartmut, 2003. "Multilevel lot sizing with setup times and multiple constrained resources: Internally rolling schedules with lot-sizing windows," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 20204, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- William W. Trigeiro & L. Joseph Thomas & John O. McClain, 1989. "Capacitated Lot Sizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 353-366, March.
- Michael Florian & Morton Klein, 1971. "Deterministic Production Planning with Concave Costs and Capacity Constraints," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(1), pages 12-20, September.
- WOLSEY, Laurence, 2002. "Solving multi-item lot-sizing problems with an MIP solver using classification and reformulation," CORE Discussion Papers 2002012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- MILLER, Andrew & NEMHAUSER, George & SAVELSBERGH, Martin, 2000. "Solving multi-item capacitated lot-sizing problems with setup times by branch-and-cut," CORE Discussion Papers 2000039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yves Pochet & Laurence A. Wolsey, 1991. "Solving Multi-Item Lot-Sizing Problems Using Strong Cutting Planes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 53-67, January.
- Harvey M. Wagner & Thomson M. Whitin, 1958. "Dynamic Version of the Economic Lot Size Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(1), pages 89-96, October.
- Elena Katok & Holly S. Lewis & Terry P. Harrison, 1998. "Lot Sizing in General Assembly Systems with Setup Costs, Setup Times, and Multiple Constrained Resources," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 859-877, June.
- Horst Tempelmeier & Matthias Derstroff, 1996. "A Lagrangean-Based Heuristic for Dynamic Multilevel Multiitem Constrained Lotsizing with Setup Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 738-757, May.
- Laurence A. Wolsey, 2002. "Solving Multi-Item Lot-Sizing Problems with an MIP Solver Using Classification and Reformulation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(12), pages 1587-1602, December.
- Rardin, Ronald L. & Wolsey, Laurence A., 1993. "Valid inequalities and projecting the multicommodity extended formulation for uncapacitated fixed charge network flow problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 95-109, November.
- Gaetan Belvaux & Laurence A. Wolsey, 2001. "Modelling Practical Lot-Sizing Problems as Mixed-Integer Programs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(7), pages 993-1007, July.
- Awi Federgruen & Michal Tzur, 1991. "A Simple Forward Algorithm to Solve General Dynamic Lot Sizing Models with n Periods in 0(n log n) or 0(n) Time," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(8), pages 909-925, August.
- Imre Barany & Tony J. Van Roy & Laurence A. Wolsey, 1984. "Strong Formulations for Multi-Item Capacitated Lot Sizing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(10), pages 1255-1261, October.
- M. Florian & J. K. Lenstra & A. H. G. Rinnooy Kan, 1980. "Deterministic Production Planning: Algorithms and Complexity," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(7), pages 669-679, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Tao & Shi, Leyuan & Geunes, Joseph & AkartunalI, Kerem, 2011. "An optimization framework for solving capacitated multi-level lot-sizing problems with backlogging," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 428-441, October.
- Almeder, Christian, 2010. "A hybrid optimization approach for multi-level capacitated lot-sizing problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 599-606, January.
- Marcos Mansano Furlan & Maristela Oliveira Santos, 2017. "BFO: a hybrid bees algorithm for the multi-level capacitated lot-sizing problem," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 929-944, April.
- Liang, Zhe & He, Yan & Wu, Tao & Zhang, Canrong, 2015. "An informative column generation and decomposition method for a production planning and facility location problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PA), pages 88-96.
- Adacher, Ludovica & Cassandras, Christos G., 2014. "Lot size optimization in manufacturing systems: The surrogate method," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 418-426.
- Schepler, Xavier & Balev, Stefan & Michel, Sophie & Sanlaville, Éric, 2017. "Global planning in a multi-terminal and multi-modal maritime container port," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 38-62.
- Lang, Jan Christian & Shen, Zuo-Jun Max, 2011. "Fix-and-optimize heuristics for capacitated lot-sizing with sequence-dependent setups and substitutions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(3), pages 595-605, November.
- Zhang, Guoquan & Shang, Jennifer & Li, Wenli, 2011. "Collaborative production planning of supply chain under price and demand uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(3), pages 590-603, December.
More about this item
KeywordsInteger programming Production planning Heuristics Relax-and-fix Strong formulations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:193:y:2009:i:2:p:396-411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.