Models and algorithms to improve earthwork operations in road design using mixed integer linear programming
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Eungcheol & Jha, Manoj K. & Son, Bongsoo, 2005. "Improving the computational efficiency of highway alignment optimization models through a stepwise genetic algorithms approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 339-360, May.
- Henderson, Darrall & Vaughan, Diane E. & Jacobson, Sheldon H. & Wakefield, Ron R. & Sewell, Edward C., 2003. "Solving the shortest route cut and fill problem using simulated annealing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(1), pages 72-84, February.
- Moreb, Ahmad A., 1996. "Linear programming model for finding optimal roadway grades that minimize earthwork cost," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 148-154, August.
- Francisco Agüera & Fernando Aguilar & Manuel Aguilar & Fernando Carvajal, 2007. "Minimising the Earthwork Cost in the Construction of Irrigation Offstream Reservoirs," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(2), pages 375-397, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burdett, R.L. & Kozan, E., 2014. "An integrated approach for earthwork allocation, sequencing and routing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 741-759.
- Hare, Warren & Lucet, Yves & Rahman, Faisal, 2015. "A mixed-integer linear programming model to optimize the vertical alignment considering blocks and side-slopes in road construction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 241(3), pages 631-641.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:68:y:2017:i:9:d:10.1057_s41274-016-0140-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pushak, Yasha & Hare, Warren & Lucet, Yves, 2016. "Multiple-path selection for new highway alignments using discrete algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 415-427.
More about this item
KeywordsCombinatorial optimization Mixed integer linear program OR in road design (natural resources) Earthwork optimization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:215:y:2011:i:2:p:470-480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.