Ethics and OR: Operationalising discourse ethics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. Kunsch & M. Theys & J. Brans, 2007. "The importance of systems thinking in ethical and sustainable decision-making," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 15(3), pages 253-269, September.
- Gallo, Giorgio, 2004. "Operations research and ethics: Responsibility, sharing and cooperation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 468-476, March.
- Kenneth E. Boulding, 1966. "The Ethics of Rational Decision," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(6), pages 161-169, February.
- Reed, Darryl, 1999. "Stakeholder Management Theory: A Critical Theory Perspective," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 453-483, July.
- Brocklesby, John, 2009. "Ethics beyond the model: How social dynamics can interfere with ethical practice in operational research/management science," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1073-1082, December.
- Le Menestrel, Marc & Van Wassenhove, Luk N., 2004. "Ethics outside, within, or beyond OR models?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 477-484, March.
- Wenstøp, Fred & Koppang, Haavard, 2009. "On operations research and value conflicts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1109-1120, December.
- C. West Churchman, 1970. "Operations Research as a Profession," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 37-53, October.
- Guido Palazzo & Andreas Scherer, 2006. "Corporate Legitimacy as Deliberation: A Communicative Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 71-88, June.
- Wiek, Arnim & Walter, Alexander I., 2009. "A transdisciplinary approach for formalized integrated planning and decision-making in complex systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 360-370, August.
- Brans, J. Pierre, 2002. "Ethics and decision," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 340-352, January.
- Theys, M. & Kunsch, P. L., 2004. "The importance of co-operation for ethical decision-making with OR," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 485-488, March.
- DeTombe, Dorien J., 2002. "Complex Societal Problems in Operational Research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 232-240, July.
- Gass, Saul I., 2009. "Ethical guidelines and codes in operations research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1044-1050, December.
- Kunsch, P. L. & Springael, J. & Brans, J. -P., 2004. "The zero-emission certificates: A novel CO2-pollution reduction instrument applied to the electricity market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 386-399, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tavella, Elena & Hjortso, Carsten Nico, 2012. "Enhancing the Design and Management of a Local Organic Food Supply Chain with Soft Systems Methodology," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-22, May.
- Tavella, Elena & Pedersen, Søren Marcus & Gylling, Morten, 2012. "Adopting a Farming Systems Research Approach to carry out an economic and environmental analysis of food supply chains," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-13, July.
- Diekmann, Sven, 2013. "Moral mid-level principles in modeling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(1), pages 132-138.
- Wang, Wei & Liu, Wenbin & Mingers, John, 2015. "A systemic method for organisational stakeholder identification and analysis using Soft Systems Methodology (SSM)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(2), pages 562-574.
- Mingers, John, 2015. "Helping business schools engage with real problems: The contribution of critical realism and systems thinking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 316-331.
- Mark Edwards & Nin Kirkham, 2014. "Situating ‘Giving Voice to Values’: A Metatheoretical Evaluation of a New Approach to Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 477-495, May.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:268:y:2018:i:3:p:1178-1191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Edwards, 2015. "Critical social science and emancipation: II, development and application," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 275-292, July.
- Ormerod, Richard J. & Ulrich, Werner, 2013. "Operational research and ethics: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(2), pages 291-307.
More about this item
KeywordsCritical systems Deliberative democracy Discourse ethics Habermas Multimethodology systems approach;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:210:y:2011:i:1:p:114-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.