Target market selection and marketing effort under uncertainty: The selective newsvendor
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller, 1986. "Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 89-106.
- Scott Carr & William Lovejoy, 2000. "The Inverse Newsvendor Problem: Choosing an Optimal Demand Portfolio for Capacitated Resources," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 912-927, July.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller, 1986. "Reply—Reflections on Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 110-111.
- Gary D. Eppen, 1979. "Note--Effects of Centralization on Expected Costs in a Multi-Location Newsboy Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 498-501, May.
- Lingxiu Dong & Nils Rudi, 2004. "Who Benefits from Transshipment? Exogenous vs. Endogenous Wholesale Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 645-657, May.
- Yossi Aviv, 2001. "The Effect of Collaborative Forecasting on Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(10), pages 1326-1343, October.
- Demetrios Vakratsas & Fred M. Feinberg & Frank M. Bass & Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, 2004. "The Shape of Advertising Response Functions Revisited: A Model of Dynamic Probabilistic Thresholds," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 109-119, April.
- Justin P. Johnson & David P. Myatt, 2006.
"On the Simple Economics of Advertising, Marketing, and Product Design,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 756-784, June.
- David P. Myatt & Justin P. Johnson, 2004. "On the Simple Economics of Advertising, Marketing, and Product Design," Economics Series Working Papers 185, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:188-197 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tang, Christopher S., 2010. "A review of marketing-operations interface models: From co-existence to coordination and collaboration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 22-40, May.
- Shu, Jia & Li, Zhengyi & Shen, Houcai & Wu, Ting & Zhong, Weijun, 2012. "A logistics network design model with vendor managed inventory," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 135(2), pages 754-761.
- Li, Shanling & Wang, Letian, 2010. "Outsourcing and capacity planning in an uncertain global environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 131-141, November.
- Long Gao & Susan H. Xu & Michael O. Ball, 2012. "Managing an Available-to-Promise Assembly System with Dynamic Short-Term Pseudo-Order Forecast," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(4), pages 770-790, April.
- Taaffe, Kevin & Geunes, Joseph & Edwin Romeijn, H., 2010. "Supply capacity acquisition and allocation with uncertain customer demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 263-273, July.
- Martin Steinrücke & Wolfgang Albrecht, 2016. "A flow-to-equity approach to coordinate supply chain network planning and financial planning with annual cash outflows to an institutional investor," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 9(2), pages 297-333, August.
- Strinka, Zohar M.A. & Romeijn, H. Edwin & Wu, Jingchen, 2013. "Exact and heuristic methods for a class of selective newsvendor problems with normally distributed demands," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 250-258.
- Lin, Jun & Ng, Tsan Sheng, 2011. "Robust multi-market newsvendor models with interval demand data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 361-373, July.
- Merzifonluoglu, Yasemin, 2017. "Integrated demand and procurement portfolio management with spot market volatility and option contracts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 181-192.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:189:y:2008:i:3:p:987-1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.