Estimating the city-block two-dimensional scaling model with simulated annealing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Groenen & Willem Heiser, 1996. "The tunneling method for global optimization in multidimensional scaling," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 529-550, September.
- Oh M-S. & Raftery A. E., 2001. "Bayesian Multidimensional Scaling and Choice of Dimension," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1031-1044, September.
- J. Kruskal, 1964. "Multidimensional scaling by optimizing goodness of fit to a nonmetric hypothesis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 29(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Molinero, C Mar & Ezzamel, M, 1991. "Multidimensional scaling applied to corporate failure," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 259-274.
- Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M., 1989. "Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 127-141, July.
- Gray, Paul & Vogel, Doug & Beauclair, Renee, 1990. "Assessing GDSS empirical research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 162-176, May.
- Hooley, G. J., 1984. "Modelling product positions through the use of multidimensional scaling techniques: An empirical investigation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 34-41, April.
- Hossein Safizadeh, M. & McKenna, David R., 1996. "Application of multidimensional scaling techniques to facilities layout," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 54-62, July.
- Warren Torgerson, 1952. "Multidimensional scaling: I. Theory and method," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 17(4), pages 401-419, December.
- Abe, Makoto, 1998. "Error structure and identification condition in maximum likelihood nonmetric multidimensional scaling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 216-227, December.
- Jan Leeuw, 1988. "Convergence of the majorization method for multidimensional scaling," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 5(2), pages 163-180, September.
- DeSarbo, Wayne S. & Kim, Youngchan & Wedel, Michel & Fong, Duncan K. H., 1998. "A Bayesian approach to the spatial representation of market structure from consumer choice data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 285-305, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oliver Hinz & Jochen Eckert, 2010. "The Impact of Search and Recommendation Systems on Sales in Electronic Commerce," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 2(2), pages 67-77, April.
- Julius Žilinskas, 2012. "Parallel branch and bound for multidimensional scaling with city-block distances," Journal of Global Optimization, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 261-274, October.
- repec:spr:compst:v:68:y:2008:i:3:p:429-443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antanas Žilinskas & Julius Žilinskas, 2008. "A hybrid method for multidimensional scaling using city-block distances," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 68(3), pages 429-443, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:158:y:2004:i:2:p:518-524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.