A comparison of procedures for estimating the parent probability distribution from a given set of fractiles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Wingender, John R, 1990. "The Distribution of Stock Returns: New Evidence against the Stable Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 217-223, April.
- Frederick S. Hillier, 1963. "The Derivation of Probabilistic Information for the Evaluation of Risky Investments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(3), pages 443-457, April.
- Fred D. Arditti, 1967. "Risk And The Required Return On Equity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 22(1), pages 19-36, March.
- Donald L. Keefer & William A. Verdini, 1993. "Better Estimation of PERT Activity Time Parameters," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1086-1091, September.
- van Lenthe, Jelle, 1994. "Scoring-Rule Feedforward and the Elicitation of Subjective Probability Distributions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 188-209, August.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1965. "Portfolio Analysis in a Stable Paretian Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 404-419, January.
- C. Perry & I. D. Greig, 1975. "Estimating the Mean and Variance of Subjective Distributions in PERT and Decision Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(12), pages 1477-1480, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:120:y:2000:i:3:p:657-670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.