The determination of R&D: Empirical evidence on the role of unions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Connolly, Robert A & Hirsch, Barry T & Hirschey, Mark, 1986. "Union Rent Seeking, Intangible Capital, and Market Value of the Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 567-577, November.
- Ulph, A. M. & Ulph, D. T., 1994. "Labour markets and innovation: Ex-post bargaining," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 195-210, January.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Grout, Paul A, 1984. "Investment and Wages in the Absence of Binding Contracts: A Nash Bargining Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 449-460, March.
- John T. Addison & Joachim Wagner, 1994. "UK Unionism and Innovative Activity: Some Cautionary Remarks on the Basis of a Simple Cross-country Test," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 32(1), pages 85-98, March.
- Bronars, Stephen G & Deere, Donald R, 1993. "Unionization, Incomplete Contracting, and Capital Investment," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 117-132, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2004.
"Wages and productivity growth in a dynamic monopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 83-100, January.
- Helmut Bester & Emmanuel Petrakis, "undated". "Wages and Productivity Growth in a Dynamic Monopoly," Papers 012, Departmental Working Papers.
- Bester, Helmut & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2001. "Wages and Productivity Growth in a Dynamic Monopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 2707, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bárcena Ruiz, Juan Carlos & Campo Corredera, María Luz, 2003. "Timing of Wage Setting when Firms Invest in R&D," IKERLANAK 2003-14, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Kornelius Kraft & Jörg Stank & Ralf Dewenter, 2011. "Co-determination and innovation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 145-172.
- S. Dobbelaere, 2003.
"Joint Estimation of Price-Cost Margins and Union Bargaining Power for Belgian Manufacturing,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
03/171, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dobbelaere, Sabien, 2005. "Joint Estimation of Price-Cost Margins and Union Bargaining Power for Belgian Manufacturing," IZA Discussion Papers 1466, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Neto, António & Furukawa, Yuichi & Ribeiro, Ana Paula, 2017. "Can Trade Unions Increase Social Welfare? An R&D Model with Cash-in-Advance Constraints," MPRA Paper 77312, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey, 2004.
"Unionisation structures and innovation incentives,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(494), pages 149-165, March.
- Haucap, Justus & Wey, Christian, 2003. "Unionisation Structures and Innovation Incentives," Working Paper 21/2003, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey, 2004. "Unionisation Structures and Innovation Incentives," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 398, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Haucap, Justus & Wey, Christian, 2003. "Unionization Structures and Innovation Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 4079, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbosa, Natália & Faria, Ana Paula, 2011. "Innovation across Europe: How important are institutional differences?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1157-1169.
- Ulph, Alistair & Ulph, David, 1998. "Labour markets, bargaining and innovation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 931-939, May.
- Bester, Helmut & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2012. "Wage bargaining, productivity growth and long-run industry structure," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 923-930.
- Murphy, Gavin & Siedschlag, Iulia & McQuinn, John, 2012. "Employment Protection and Innovation Intensity," Papers WP445, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:90-104 is not listed on IDEAS
- Addison, John T. & Heywood, John S. & Wei, Xiangdong, 2001. "Unions and Plant Closings in Britain: New Evidence from the 1990/98 WERS," IZA Discussion Papers 352, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Debasmita Basak & Andreas Hoefele & Arijit Mukherjee, 2014. "Union Bargaining Power and Product Innovation: Relevance of the Preference Function," CESifo Working Paper Series 5007, CESifo Group Munich.
- Justus Haucap & Christian Wey, 2002.
"Unionization Structures and Firms' Incentives for Productivity Enhancing Investments,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 02-10, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Haucap, Justus & Christian Wey, 2003. "Unionisation Structures and Firms' Incentives for Productivity Enhancing Investments," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 102, Royal Economic Society.
- Bester, Helmut & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2009.
"Wages and productivity growth in a dynamic oligopoly,"
2009/18, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Bester, Helmut & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2009. "Wages and Productivity Growth in a Dynamic Oligopoly," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 287, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Koski, Heli, 2000. "Regulators and Competition Spurring or Retarding Innovation in the Telecommunications Sector?," Discussion Papers 724, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jirjahn, Uwe & Kraft, Kornelius, 2006. "Do Spillovers Stimulate Incremental or Drastic Product Innovations? Hypotheses and Evidence from German Establishment Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-023, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Koski, Heli, 2000. "Feedback Mechanisms in the Evolution of Networks: The Installed User Base and Innovation in the Communications Sector," Discussion Papers 725, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:42:y:1998:i:3-5:p:919-930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.