Heavy tails of OLS
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrews, Beth & Davis, Richard A., 2013. "Model identification for infinite variance autoregressive processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 222-234.
- Lewis, Karen K., 1995. "Puzzles in international financial markets," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 1913-1971 Elsevier.
- Basrak, Bojan & Davis, Richard A. & Mikosch, Thomas, 2002. "Regular variation of GARCH processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 95-115, May.
- Butler, Richard J, et al, 1990. "Robust and Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 321-327, May.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1986.
"The Changing Behavior of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 211-228.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1985. "The Changing Behavior of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 1669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814287067_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Lettau & Sydney Ludvigson, 2001.
"Resurrecting the (C)CAPM: A Cross-Sectional Test When Risk Premia Are Time-Varying,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(6), pages 1238-1287, December.
- Martin Lettau & Sydney Ludvigson, 1999. "Resurrecting the (C)CAPM: a cross-sectional test when risk premia are time-varying," Staff Reports 93, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1991.
"Yield Spreads and Interest Rate Movements: A Bird's Eye View,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 495-514.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1989. "Yield Spreads and Interest Rate Movements: A Bird's Eye View," NBER Working Papers 3153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert & Campbell, John, 1991. "Yield Spreads and Interest Rate Movements: A Bird's Eye View," Scholarly Articles 3221490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1984. "Random and changing coefficient models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 21, pages 1213-1245 Elsevier.
- Robert Blattberg & Thomas Sargent, 2010.
"Regression With Non-Gaussian Stable Disturbances: Some Sampling Results,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Perspectives On Promotion And Database Marketing The Collected Works of Robert C Blattberg, chapter 1, pages 7-16
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Blattberg, Robert & Sargent, Thomas J, 1971. "Regression with Non-Gaussian Stable Disturbances: Some Sampling Results," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 501-510, May.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Feige, Edgar L & Swamy, P A V B, 1974. "A Random Coefficient Model of the Demand for Liquid Assets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 241-252, May.
- Nolan, John P. & Ojeda-Revah, Diana, 2013. "Linear and nonlinear regression with stable errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 186-194.
- Hallin, Marc & Swan, Yvik & Verdebout, Thomas & Veredas, David, 2013. "One-step R-estimation in linear models with stable errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 195-204.
- Jurecková, Jana & Koenker, Roger & Portnoy, Stephen, 2001. "Tail behavior of the least-squares estimator," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 377-384, December.
- Fama, Eugene F., 1976. "Forward rates as predictors of future spot rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 361-377, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & Bliss, Robert R, 1987. "The Information in Long-Maturity Forward Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 680-692, September.
- Sack, Brian, 2000. "Does the fed act gradually? A VAR analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 229-256, August.
- He, Xuming, et al, 1990. "Tail Behavior of Regression Estimators and Their Breakdown Points," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1195-1214, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanishka Misra & Paolo Surico, 2014.
"Consumption, Income Changes, and Heterogeneity: Evidence from Two Fiscal Stimulus Programs,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 84-106, October.
- Misra, Kanishka & Surico, Paolo, 2013. "Consumption, Income Changes and Heterogeneity: Evidence from Two Fiscal Stimulus Programmes," CEPR Discussion Papers 9530, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. & Hasebe, Takuya, 2015. "GTL Regression: A Linear Model with Skewed and Thick-Tailed Disturbances," IZA Discussion Papers 8898, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsHeavy tails; OLS estimator distribution; Small sample inference;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:172:y:2013:i:2:p:205-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.