Estimation of technical and allocative inefficiency: A primal system approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmidt, Peter & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1980. "Estimating stochastic production and cost frontiers when technical and allocative inefficiency are correlated," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-100, May.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, J, 1977. "Technical Efficiency and Dimension of the Firm: Some Results on the Use of Frontier Production Functions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 109-122.
- Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel & Mundlak, Yair, 1978. "A Survey of Functional Forms in the Economic Analysis of Production," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 1, chapter 4 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "On the estimation of a flexible frontier production model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 101-115, May.
- McElroy, Marjorie B, 1987. "Additive General Error Models for Production, Cost, and Derived Demand or Share Systems," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 737-757, August.
- Schmidt, Peter & Knox Lovell, C. A., 1979. "Estimating technical and allocative inefficiency relative to stochastic production and cost frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-366, February.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1997. "Modeling allocative inefficiency in a translog cost function and cost share equations: An exact relationship," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 351-356.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2005. "Measuring technical and allocative inefficiency in the translog cost system: a Bayesian approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 355-384, June.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Primont, Daniel, 2002. "Stochastic estimation of firm technology, inefficiency, and productivity growth using shadow cost and distance functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 203-225, June.
- Timothy J. Considine, 2000. "Cost Structures for Fossil Fuel-Fired Electric Power Generation," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 83-104.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-676, August.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Jianjun & Folmer, Henk & Xue, Jianhong, 2015. "Technical and allocative efficiency of irrigation water use in the Guanzhong Plain, China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 43-52.
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2011.
"Drivers of Regional Efficiency Differentials in Italy: Technical Inefficiency or Allocative Distortions?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 351-375, September.
- Fabrizio Erbetta & Carmelo Petraglia, 2008. "Drivers of regional efficiency differentials in Italy: technical inefficiency or allocative distortions?," CERIS Working Paper 200802, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Xiaoheng Zhang & Feng Chu & Xiaohua Yu & Yingheng Zhou & Xu Tian & Xianhui Geng & Jinyang Yang, 2017. "Changing Structure and Sustainable Development for China’s Hog Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Tai-Hsin Huang & Chung-Hua Shen & Kuan-Chen Chen & Shen-Ju Tseng, 2011. "Measuring technical and allocative efficiencies for banks in the transition countries using the Fourier flexible cost function," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 143-157, April.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:118:y:2018:i:c:p:573-583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2006. "Chasing Absolute Cost and Profit Savings in a World of Relative Inefficiency," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21058, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Stochastic frontier models," MPRA Paper 31079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "Estimation of production technology when the objective is to maximize return to the outlay," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 208(2), pages 170-176, January.
- Hu, Baiding, 2014. "Measuring plant level energy efficiency in China's energy sector in the presence of allocative inefficiency," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 130-144.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:134:y:2006:i:2:p:419-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.