Estimating cointegrated systems using subspace algorithms
In this paper the properties of so called subspace methods in the context of cointegrated processes of order one are investigated. It is shown that the algorithms deliver consistent estimates of the transfer function in the case of general VARMA models and under mild conditions on the underlying noise process. A procedure for the estimation of the dimension of the cointegrating space is presented and consistency for this procedure is proven. Also the estimation of the order of the system is discussed. Simulation examples demon- strate the usefulness of the subspace algorithms for the estimation of cointegrated systems.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Luukkonen, Ritva, 1997. "Testing cointegration in infinite order vector autoregressive processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 93-126, November.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Saikkonen, Pentti, 1992. "Estimation and Testing of Cointegrated Systems by an Autoregressive Approximation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 1-27, March.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1997.
"Nonparametric cointegration analysis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 379-404, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Wagner, Martin, 1999. "Bierens' and Johansen's Method - Complements or Substitutes?," Economics Series 74, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Optimal Inference in Cointegrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 283-306, March.
- Lai, T. L. & Wei, C. Z., 1982. "Asymptotic properties of projections with applications to stochastic regression problems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 346-370, September.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1993.
"Fully Modified Least Squares and Vector Autoregression,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1047, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C B, 1995. "Fully Modified Least Squares and Vector Autoregression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1023-78, September.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:8:y:1992:i:1:p:1-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Victor Solo, 1989. "Asymptotics for Linear Processes," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 932, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lutkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 1997.
"Impulse response analysis in infinite order cointegrated vector autoregressive processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 127-157, November.
- H. Lütkepohl & P. Saikkonen, 1995. "Impulse Response Analysis in Infinite Order Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Processes," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,11, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Poskitt, Don S, 2000. "Strongly Consistent Determination of Cointegrating Rank via Canonical Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 77-90, January.
- Wagner, Martin, 1999. "VAR Cointegration in VARMA Models," Economics Series 65, Institute for Advanced Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:111:y:2002:i:1:p:47-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.