Causality between economic growth and immigration: An ARDL bounds testing approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Huangb, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei, 2000.
"A bivariate causality between stock prices and exchange rates: evidence from recent Asianflu,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-354.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin W., 1998. "A Bivariate Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates: Evidence from Recent Asia Flu," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9bk607p6, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Liang, Qi & Cao, Hua, 2007. "Property prices and bank lending in China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 63-75, February.
- Bruce Morley & Wyn Morgan, 2008. "Causality between Exports, Productivity and Financial Support in European Union Agriculture," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 189-198.
- Bruce Morley, 2009. "A Comparison of Two Alternative Monetary Approaches to Exchange Rate Determination over the Long-Run," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 1(2), pages 63-76, April.
- Francesca Iorio & Stefano Fachin, 2014.
"Savings and investments in the OECD: a panel cointegration study with a new bootstrap test,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 1271-1300, June.
- Francesca Di Iorio & Stefano Fachin, 2012. "Savings and Investments in the OECD: a panel cointegration study with a new bootstrap test," DSS Empirical Economics and Econometrics Working Papers Series 2012/2, Centre for Empirical Economics and Econometrics, Department of Statistics, "Sapienza" University of Rome.
- Levent KORAP, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Determination Of Tl/Us$:A Co-Integration Approach,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal, Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 7(1), pages 24-50, May.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Exchange rate determination of TL/US$: a co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 19659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ekhlas Al-hajj & Usama Al-Mulali & Sakiru Adebola Solarin, 2021. "Exploring the nexus between oil price shocks and sectoral stock returns: a new evidence from stock exchange in Malaysia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 199-217, February.
- Andrew Phiri, 2020.
"Structural changes in exchange rate-stock returns dynamics in South Africa: examining the role of crisis and new trading platform,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 171-193, February.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2018. "Structural changes in exchange rate-stock returns dynamics in South Africa: Examining the role of crisis and new trading platform," MPRA Paper 85826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Phiri, 2018. "Structural changes in exchange rate-stock returns dynamics in South Africa: Examining the role of crisis and new trading platform," Working Papers 1816, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Apr 2018.
- Khan, Muhammad Imran & Teng, Jian-Zhou & Khan, Muhammad Kamran & Jadoon, Arshad Ullah & Khan, Muhammad Fayaz, 2021. "The impact of oil prices on stock market development in Pakistan: Evidence with a novel dynamic simulated ARDL approach," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C).
- Yunus Aksoy & Miguel A. Leon-Ledesma, 2004.
"Interest Rates and Output in the Long Run,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004
92, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Yunus AKSOY & Miguel LEON-LEDESMA, 2010. "Interest Rates and Output in the Long Run," EcoMod2004 330600006, EcoMod.
- Aksoy, Yunus & León-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2005. "Interest rates and output in the long-run," Working Paper Series 434, European Central Bank.
- Yunus Aksoy & Miguel León-Ledesma, 2004. "Interest Rates and Output in the Long-run," Studies in Economics 0409, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Yau, Hwey-Yun & Nieh, Chien-Chung, 2006. "Interrelationships among stock prices of Taiwan and Japan and NTD/Yen exchange rate," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 535-552, June.
- Hettihewa, Samanthala & Saha, Shrabani & Zhang, Hanxiong, 2018. "Does an aging population influence stock markets? Evidence from New Zealand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 142-158.
- Saafi Sami & Farhat Abdeljelil & Haj Mohamed Meriem Bel, 2015. "Testing the relationships between shadow economy and unemployment: empirical evidence from linear and nonlinear tests," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(5), pages 585-608, December.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & Smyth, Russell, 2010. "On the dynamics of aggregate output, electricity consumption and exports in Malaysia: Evidence from multivariate Granger causality tests," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1963-1971, June.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Sujata Saha, 2019. "On the effects of policy uncertainty on stock prices," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 43(4), pages 764-778, October.
- Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos & González-Gómez, Manuel & Otero-Giráldez, María Soledad, 2018. "Main determinants of export-oriented bleached eucalyptus kraft pulp (BEKP) demand from the north-western regions of Spain," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 112-119.
- Jahangir Alam, Mohammad & Ara Begum, Ismat & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2012. "Energy consumption, carbon emissions and economic growth nexus in Bangladesh: Cointegration and dynamic causality analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 217-225.
- Abdulkadir Rafindadi & Zarinah Yusof, 2015. "Do the dynamics of financial development spur economic growth in Nigeria’s contemporal growth struggle? A fact beyond the figures," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 365-384, January.
- Samargandi, Nahla & Fidrmuc, Jan & Ghosh, Sugata, 2014. "Financial development and economic growth in an oil-rich economy: The case of Saudi Arabia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 267-278.
- Alvarez-Dias, Marcos & D'Hombres, Beatrice & Ghisetti, Claudia & Pontarollo, Nicola & Dijkstra, Lewis, 2018. "The Determinants of Population Growth: Literature review and empirical analysis," Working Papers 2018-10, Joint Research Centre, European Commission.
- Dimitris Hatzinikolaou & Theodore Simos & Agathi Tsoka, 2013. "Is the US current-account deficit sustainable? The importance of structural breaks in testing sustainability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2817-2827.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:90:y:2006:i:1:p:72-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.