Religious polarization and economic development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Temple & Paul A. Johnson, 1998. "Social Capability and Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 965-990.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 1994.
"On the Measurement of Polarization,"
Econometric Society, pages 819-851.
- Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 1991. "On the Measurement of Polarization," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 18, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Esteban, J. & Ray, D., 1993. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 221.93, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Esteban, J.M. & Ray, D., 1992. "On the Measurement of Polarization," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 171.92, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Vigdor, Jacob L., 2002. "Interpreting ethnic fragmentation effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 271-276, April.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eris, Mehmet, 2010. "Population heterogeneity and growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1211-1222, September.
- Oasis Kodila-Tedika & Julius Agbor Agbor, 2014.
"Religious Diversity and Economic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: So Far So Good,"
Journal of African Development,
African Finance and Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 99-117.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis & Agbor, Julius, 2013. "Religious Diversity and Economic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: So Far So Good," MPRA Paper 46305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frédéric Docquier & Riccardo Turati & Jérôme Valette & Chrysovalantis Vasilakis, 2016.
"Multiculturalism and Growth: Skill-Specific Evidence from the Post-World War II Period,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2016028, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Frédéric DOCQUIER & Riccardo TURATI & Jérome VALETTE & Chrysovalantis VASILAKIS, 2016. "Multiculturalism and Growth: Skill-Specific Evidence from the Post-World War II Period," Working Papers 201624, CERDI.
- Frédéric Docquier & Riccardo Turati & Jérome Valette & Chrysovalantis Vasilakis, 2017. "Multiculturalism and Growth: Skill-Specific Evidence from the Post-World War II Period," Working Papers halshs-01425462, HAL.
- Sacit Hadi Akdede & Hakan Hotunluoðlu, 2008. "Economic Development and Religiosity: An Investigation of Turkish Cities," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics,in: Proceedings of the Conference on Emerging Economic Issues in a Globalizing World, pages 261-271 Izmir University of Economics.
- Mookerjee, Rajen & Beron, Krista, 2005. "Gender, religion and happiness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 674-685, October.
- Janine HÃ¶hener & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2012. "ReligionsÃ¶konomie: eine Ãœbersicht," CREMA Working Paper Series 2012-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Ager, Philipp & Brückner, Markus, 2013.
"Cultural diversity and economic growth: Evidence from the US during the age of mass migration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 76-97.
- Philipp Ager & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Cultural Diversity and Economic Growth: Evidence from the US during the Age of Mass Migration," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-02, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Frédéric PUECH, 2004. "Are Educated Societies Less Violent? Education, Deprivation and Crime in Minas Gerais," Working Papers 200402, CERDI.
- Dercon, Stefan & Gutiérrez-Romero, Roxana, 2012.
"Triggers and Characteristics of the 2007 Kenyan Electoral Violence,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 731-744.
- Stefan Dercon & Roxana Gutiérrez-Romero, 2010. "Triggers and Characteristics of the 2007 Kenyan Electoral Violence," CSAE Working Paper Series 2010-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Ethnic heterogeneity and the probability of technological disasters," MPRA Paper 31603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Athanasouli, Daphne & Goujard, Antoine, 2015.
"Corruption and management practices: Firm level evidence,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1014-1034.
- Daphne Athanasouli & Antoine Goujard, 2013. "Corruption and Management Practices Firm Level Evidence," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 121, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Eiji Yamamura & Inyong Shin, 2013.
"Decomposition of Ethnic Heterogeneity on Growth,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(1), pages 59-75, March.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Decomposition of ethnic heterogeneity on growth," MPRA Paper 32253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura & Inyong Shin, 2012. "Decomposition of ethnic heterogeneity on growth," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2012_09, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Decomposition of ethnic heterogeneity on growth," MPRA Paper 36352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Montalvo, Jose G. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2005. "Ethnic diversity and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 293-323, April.
- Mogues, Tewodaj, 2008. "A two-dimensional measure of polarization:," IFPRI discussion papers 837, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Akdede, Sacit Hadi, 2010. "Do more ethnically and religiously diverse countries have lower democratization?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 101-104, February.
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Smyth, Russell, 2017. "Ethnic Diversity and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, pages 285-302.
- Girard, Victoire, 2011. "The impact of inter-group relationships on intra-group cooperation. A case study in rural India," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 32, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Ratna, Nazmun N. & Quentin Grafton, R. & Kompas, Tom, 2009. "Is diversity bad for economic growth?: Evidence from state-level data in the US," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 859-870, December.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Coniglio, Nicola & De Arcangelis, Giuseppe & Serlenga, Laura, 2006. "Intentions to Return of Undocumented Migrants: Illegality as a Cause of Skill Waste," IZA Discussion Papers 2356, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrea Guariso & Thorsten Rogall, 2017. "Rainfall Inequality, Political Power, and Ethnic Conflict in Africa," LICOS Discussion Papers 39117, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Philipp Kolo, 2011. "Questioning Ethnic Fragmentation's Exogeneity - Drivers of Changing Ethnic Boundaries," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 210, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Brown, Graham K. & Langer, Arnim, 2011. "Riding the Ever-Rolling Stream: Time and the Ontology of Violent Conflict," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 188-198, February.
- Philipp Kolo, 2012. "Measuring a New Aspect of Ethnicity - The Appropriate Diversity Index," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 221, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:80:y:2003:i:2:p:201-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.