Further evidence on the variability of inflation and relative price variability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hercowitz, Zvi, 1981. "Money and the Dispersion of Relative Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 328-356, April.
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1992. "The Behavior of Prices and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of Disaggregated Price Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 349-389, April.
- Park, Sang Yong & Reinganum, Marc R., 1986. "The puzzling price behavior of treasury bills that mature at the turn of calendar months," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 267-283, June.
- Vining, Daniel R, Jr & Elwertowski, Thomas C, 1976. "The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 699-708, September.
- Parks, Richard W, 1978. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-95, February.
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1993. "The effects of expected and unexpected inflation on the variability of relative prices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 53-56.
- Domberger, Simon, 1987. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: A Disaggregated Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 547-566, June.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1979.
"The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level: A Suggested Interpretation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 444-447, June.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1978. "The Relationship Between Relative Prices and the General Price Level: A Suggested Interpretation," Working Papers 78-11, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Caporale, Tony & McKiernan, Barbara, 1997. "High and variable inflation: Further evidence on the Friedman hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 65-68, January.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1980. "The Consumer Price Index and the Measurement of Recent Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 11(2), pages 539-573.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1982. "Relative price variability, inflation and the allocative efficiency of the price system," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 131-162.
- Marquez, Jaime & Vining, Daniel, 1983. "A note on the variability of inflation and the dispersion of relative price changes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(3-4), pages 243-249.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Monir Uddin Ahmed & Md. Moniruzzaman Muzib & Md. Mahedi Hasan, 2016. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty and relative price variability in Bangladesh," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 389-427, December.
- Mª Ángeles Caraballo Pou & Carlos Dabús & Diego Caramuta, 2006. "A Non-linear "Inflation-Relative Prices Variability" Relationship: Evidence from Latin America," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/09, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Dieter Nautz & Juliane Scharff, 2005. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability in a Low Inflation Country: Empirical Evidence for Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(4), pages 507-523, November.
- Rather, Sartaj Rasool & Durai, S. Raja Sethu & Ramachandran, M., 2014. "Inflation and relative price variability: Evidence for India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 32-41.
- Alexander Bick & Dieter Nautz, 2008. "Inflation Thresholds and Relative Price Variability: Evidence from U.S. Cities," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(3), pages 61-76, September.
- Matthias R. Fengler & Joachim K. Winter, 2007.
"Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: evidence from German retail markets,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 789-801.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Winter, Joachim K., 2000. "Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: Evidence from German retail markets," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,90, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Winter, Joachim, 2007. "Price variability and price dispersion in a stable monetary environment: Evidence from German retail markets," Munich Reprints in Economics 20338, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- André Binette & Sylvain Martel, 2005. "Inflation and Relative Price Dispersion in Canada: An Empirical Assessment," Staff Working Papers 05-28, Bank of Canada.
- Saghir Pervaiz Ghauri & Rizwan Raheem Ahmed & Jolita Vveinhardt & Dalia Streimikiene, 2017. "Estimation of Relationship between Inflation and Relative Price Variability: Granger Causality and ARDL Modelling Approach," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(44), pages 249-249, February.
- Abdul Karim, Zulkefly & Zaidi, Mohd Azlan Shah & Jusoh, Mansor, 2008.
"Variabiliti harga relatif dan inflasi : bukti empirikal di Semenanjung Malaysia, Sabah dan Sarawak
[Relative price variability and inflation: empirical evidence in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sa," MPRA Paper 26970, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2008.
- Baek, Jungho, 2010. "Inflation and Intramarket Price Variability: Empirical Evidence from U.S. Food Products," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-19, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:66:y:2000:i:1:p:71-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.