The Determinants of Relative Price Variability: Further Evidence from Argentina
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hercowitz, Zvi, 1981. "Money and the Dispersion of Relative Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 328-356, April.
- Robert A. Amano & R. Tiff Macklem, 1997. "Menu Costs, Relative Prices, and Inflation: Evidence for Canada," Staff Working Papers 97-14, Bank of Canada.
- Stanley Fischer, 1981. "Relative Shocks, Relative Price Variability, and Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 381-442.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 326-334.
- Domberger, Simon, 1987. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: A Disaggregated Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 547-566, June.
- Carlo Altavilla & Matteo Ciccarelli, 2006.
"Inflation Forecasts, Monetary Policy and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from the US and the Euro Area,"
7_2006, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Ciccarelli, Matteo & Altavilla, Carlo, 2007. "Inflation Forecasts, monetary policy and unemployment dynamics: evidence from the US and the euro area," Working Paper Series 725, European Central Bank.
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Carlo Altavilla, 2007. "Inflation Forecasts, Monetary Policy and Unemployment Dynamics: Evidence from the US and the Euro area," 2007 Meeting Papers 315, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Blejer, Mario I., 1981. "The dispersion of relative commodity prices under very rapid inflation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 347-356.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Tang, De-piao & Wang, Ping, 1993. "On relative price variability and hyperinflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, pages 209-214.
- Caglayan, Mustafa & Filiztekin, Alpay, 2003.
"Nonlinear impact of inflation on relative price variability,"
Elsevier, pages 213-218.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Alpay Filiztekin, 2001. "Nonlinear Impact of Inflation on Relative Price Variability," Research Papers 2001_02, University of Liverpool Management School, revised 01 Oct 2002.
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1992. "The Behavior of Prices and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of Disaggregated Price Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 349-389, April.
- Michael Aarstol, 1999. "Inflation, Inflation Uncertainty, and Relative Price Variability," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 414-423, October.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1992. "Inflation and Relative Prices Evidence from Argentina," UCLA Economics Working Papers 661, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fielding, David & Mizen, Paul, 2000. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation in Europe," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(265), pages 57-78, February.
- Parks, Richard W, 1978. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-95, February.
- Quddus, Munir & Liu, Jin-Tan & Butler, J. S., 1988. "Variability of inflation and the dispersion of relative prices : Evidence from the Chinese hyperinflation of 1946-1949," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 239-244.
- Mª Ángeles Caraballo Pou & Carlos Dabús & Diego Caramuta, 2006. "A Non-linear "Inflation-Relative Prices Variability" Relationship: Evidence from Latin America," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/09, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Dabus, Carlos, 2000. "Inflationary regimes and relative price variability: evidence from Argentina," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 535-547.
- Blejer, Mario I. & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1982. "Inflation and relative-price variability in the open economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 387-402.
- Dieter Nautz & Juliane Scharff, 2012.
"Inflation and relative price variability in the euro area: evidence from a panel threshold model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 449-460, February.
- Scharff, Juliane & Nautz, Dieter, 2006. "Inflation and relative price variability in the euro area: evidence from a panel threshold model," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,14, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Vining, Daniel R, Jr & Elwertowski, Thomas C, 1976. "The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 699-708.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1982. "Relative price variability and inflation in the United States and Germany," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 171-196.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1982. "Relative price variability and inflation in the United States and Germany," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 171-196.
- Mick Silver & Christos Ioannidis, 2001. "Intercountry Differences in the Relationship between Relative Price Variability and Average Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(2), pages 355-374, April.
- Cukierman, Alex, 1983. "Relative price variability and inflation: A survey and further results," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, pages 103-157.
- Van Hoomissen, Theresa, 1988. "Price Dispersion and Inflation: Evidence from Israel," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1303-1314, December.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-32.
- Grier, Kevin B. & Perry, Mark J., 1996. "Inflation, inflation uncertainty, and relative price dispersion: Evidence from bivariate GARCH-M models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 391-405.
- Viqueira, Angel Palerm, 1991. "Market structure and price flexibility," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 37-54.
- Dieter Nautz & Juliane Scharff, 2005. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability in a Low Inflation Country: Empirical Evidence for Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(4), pages 507-523, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Vera, 2013. "Structural Inflation Redux," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, pages 37-99.
- Ma Caraballo & Tilemahos Efthimiadis, 2012. "Is 2 % the optimal inflation rate for the Euro Area?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, pages 235-243.
More about this item
KeywordsRelative price Variability; inflation regimes; markov switching model; inflation components;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:45:y:2008:i:132:p:235-255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iepuccl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.