Nonlinear impact of inflation on relative price variability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mustafa Caglayan & Alpay Filiztekin, 2001. "Nonlinear Impact of Inflation on Relative Price Variability," Research Papers 2001_02, University of Liverpool Management School, revised 01 Oct 2002.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lach, Saul & Tsiddon, Daniel, 1992. "The Behavior of Prices and Inflation: An Empirical Analysis of Disaggregated Price Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 349-389, April.
- Parks, Richard W, 1978. "Inflation and Relative Price Variability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 79-95, February.
- Vining, Daniel R, Jr & Elwertowski, Thomas C, 1976. "The Relationship between Relative Prices and the General Price Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 699-708, September.
- Debelle, Guy & Lamont, Owen, 1997.
"Relative Price Variability and Inflation: Evidence from U.S. Cities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 132-152, February.
- Guy Debelle & Owen Lamont, 1996. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: Evidence from US Cities," NBER Working Papers 5627, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baglan, Deniz & Ege Yazgan, M. & Yilmazkuday, Hakan, 2016.
"Relative price variability and inflation: New evidence,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 263-282.
- Deniz Baglan & M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2015. "Relative Price Variability and Inflation: New evidence," Working Papers 1502, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Caglayan, Mustafa & Filiztekin, Alpay & Rauh, Michael T., 2008. "Inflation, price dispersion, and market structure," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1187-1208, October.
- Dr. Gulnihal Aksoy & Prof. Dr. Don Bredin & Deirdre Corcoran & Stilianos Fountas, 2017.
"Relative Price Dispersion and Inflation: Evidence for the UK and the US,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 50(1), pages 3-24.
- Gulnihal Aksoy & Don Bredin & Deirdre Corcoran & Stilianos Fountas, 2016. "Relative Price Dispersion and In flation: Evidence for the UK and the US," Discussion Paper Series 2016_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2016.
- Biao Gu & Jianfeng Wang & Yi David Wang, 2016. "A Panel Smooth Transition Approach to Inflation and Relative Price Variability in China," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 62-73, February.
- Mª Ángeles Caraballo & Tilemahos Efthimiadis, 2012. "Divergent Optimal Inflation Rates In Euro Area Countries Or "Does One Size Fit All?"," EcoMod2012 3923, EcoMod.
- Dieter Nautz & Juliane Scharff, 2012.
"Inflation and relative price variability in the euro area: evidence from a panel threshold model,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 449-460, February.
- Scharff, Juliane & Nautz, Dieter, 2006. "Inflation and relative price variability in the euro area: evidence from a panel threshold model," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,14, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Erdem BaÅÃ§i & Syed F. Mahmud & Eray M. Yucel, 2007.
"Money and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a High-Inflation Country,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 43(1), pages 64-73, February.
- Erdem BaÃ…ÂŸÃƒÂ§i & Syed F. Mahmud & Eray M. Yucel, 2007. "Money and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from a High-Inflation Country," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 64-73, February.
- Muhammad Akmal, 2012. "The Relationship between Inflation and Relative Price Variability in Pakistan," Working Papers id:4734, eSocialSciences.
- M. Angeles Caraballo & Carlos Dabus & Carlos Usabiaga, 2006.
"Relative prices and inflation: new evidence from different inflationary contexts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(16), pages 1931-1944.
- María Ángeles Caraballo & Carlos Dabús & Carlos Usabiaga, 2004. "Relative Prices and Inflation: New Evidence from Different Inflationary Contexts," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2004/71, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Carlos Usabiaga. & MarÃa Ã ngeles Caraballo & Carlos DabÃºs, 2004. "Relative Prices and Inflation: New Evidence from Different Inflationary Contexts," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 338, Econometric Society.
- Saghir Pervaiz Ghauri & Rizwan Raheem Ahmed & Jolita Vveinhardt & Dalia Streimikiene, 2017. "Estimation of Relationship between Inflation and Relative Price Variability: Granger Causality and ARDL Modelling Approach," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(44), pages 249-249, February.
- Saygın Şahinöz & Bedriye Saraçoğlu, 2011. "How do firms adjust their prices in Turkey? Micro-level evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 601-621, May.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Alpay Filiztekin & Michael T. Rauh, 2003. "Market Structure, Inflation, and Price Dispersion," Research Papers 2003_03, University of Liverpool Management School, revised 28 Apr 2004.
- Saygın ŞAHİNÖZ & Bedr&idot;ye SARAÇOĞLU, 2008.
"Price-Setting Behavior In Turkish Industries: Evidence From Survey Data,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(4), pages 363-385.
- Saygin Sahinoz & Bedriye Saracoglu, 2008. "Price Setting Behavior in Turkish Industries: Evidence From Survey Data," Working Papers 2008/3, Turkish Economic Association.
- Alexander Bick & Dieter Nautz, 2008. "Inflation Thresholds and Relative Price Variability: Evidence from U.S. Cities," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(3), pages 61-76, September.
- María Ángeles Caraballo & Carlos Dabús., 2008. "The Determinants of Relative Price Variability: Further Evidence from Argentina," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 45(132), pages 235-255.
- repec:rej:journl:v:19:y:2016:i:61:p:193-210 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Fielding & Christopher Hajzler & James MacGee, 2017. "Price-Level Dispersion versus Inflation-Rate Dispersion: Evidence from Three Countries," Staff Working Papers 17-3, Bank of Canada.
- Mª Ángeles Caraballo Pou & Carlos Dabús & Diego Caramuta, 2006. "A Non-linear "Inflation-Relative Prices Variability" Relationship: Evidence from Latin America," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/09, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Chi-Young Choi, 2010. "Reconsidering the Relationship between Inflation and Relative Price Variability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(5), pages 769-798, August.
- Cleomar Gomes da Silva, 2015. "Relative price variability in Brazil: an analysis of headline and core inflation rates [Relative price variability in Brazil: an analysis of headline and core inflation rates]," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 25(1), pages 83-100, January-A.
- Sascha S. Becker, 2011. "What Drives the Relationship Between Inflation and Price Dispersion? Market Power vs. Price Rigidity," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-019, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Kushal Banik Chowdhury & Nityananda Sarkar, 2015. "The Effect of Inflation on Inflation Uncertainty in the G7 Countries: A Double Threshold GARCH Model," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 7(1), pages 34-50, April.
- NASSER ARY TANIMOUNE & Gervasio Semedo, 2013. "Inflation Et Objectif De Monnaie Unique Dans Les Pays De La Cedeao :Convergence Nominale Versus Variabilite Relative Des Prix: Inflation And Common Currency Goal In Ecowas :Nominal Convergence Versus ," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 56(3-4), pages 261-289.
- Nebiye Yamak & Sinem Kocak & Fatma Kolcu, 2016. "Causal Relationship Between Relative Price Variability and Inflation in Turkey:Evidence from Panel Data," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 19(60), pages 183-198, June.
- Alleyne, Dillon & Lugay, Beverly, 2011. "Inflation and the variability of relative prices in the Caribbean: evidence from panel threshold models," Documentos de Proyectos 444, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
More about this item
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:79:y:2003:i:2:p:213-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.