Cointegration and the long-run forecast of exchange rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Woo, Wing T., 1985. "The monetary approach to exchange rate determination under rational expectations: The dollar-deutschmark rate," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-16, February.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1976. " A Monetary Approach to the Exchange Rate: Doctrinal Aspects and Empirical Evidence," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 200-224.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Finn, Mary G., 1986. "Forecasting the exchange rate: A monetary or random walk phenomenon?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-193, June.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Hoffman, Dennis L. & Schlagenhauf, Don E., 1983. "Rational expectations and monetary models of exchange rate determination : An empirical examination," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 247-260.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-1176, December.
- Meese, Richard A & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1988.
" Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Relation over the Modern Floating-Rate Period,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 933-948, September.
- Meese, R. & Rogoff, K., 1988. "Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Ralation Over The Modern Floating-Rate Period," Working papers 368, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Driskill, Robert A & Mark, Nelson C & Sheffrin, Steven M, 1992. "Some Evidence in Favor of a Monetary Rational Expectations Exchange Rate Model with Imperfect Capital Substitutability," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 223-237, February.
- Taylor, Mark P. & Allen, Helen, 1992. "The use of technical analysis in the foreign exchange market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 304-314, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Cointegration: how short is the long run?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-581, December.
- Osterwald-Lenum, Michael, 1992. "A Note with Quantiles of the Asymptotic Distribution of the Maximum Likelihood Cointegration Rank Test Statistics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472, August.
- Hooper, Peter & Morton, John, 1982. "Fluctuations in the dollar: A model of nominal and real exchange rate determination," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 39-56, January.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dal Bianco, Marcos & Camacho, Maximo & Perez Quiros, Gabriel, 2012.
"Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 377-396.
- Marcos dal Bianco & Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1203, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Maximo Camacho & Marcos Dal Bianco & Gabriel Perez Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1201, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Tasadduq Imam & Kevin Tickle & Abdullahi Ahmed & William Guo, 2012. "Linear Relationship Between The Aud/Usd Exchange Rate And The Respective Stock Market Indices: A Computational Finance Perspective," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(1), pages 19-42, January.
- Works, Richard Floyd, 2016. "Econometric modeling of exchange rate determinants by market classification: An empirical analysis of Japan and South Korea using the sticky-price monetary theory," MPRA Paper 76382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Fullerton & Miwa Hattori & Cuauhtémoc Calderón, 2001.
"Error correction exchange rate modeling: Evidence for Mexico,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 25(3), pages 358-368, September.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Miwa Hattori & Cuauhtemoc Calderon, 2004. "Error Correction Exchange Rate Modeling Evidence for Mexico," International Finance 0406001, EconWPA.
- Håvard Hungnes & Hilde C. Bjørnland, 2006.
"The importance of interest rates for forecasting the exchange rate,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 209-221.
- Hilde C. Bjørnland & Håvard Hungnes, 2003. "The importance of interest rates for forecasting the exchange rate," Discussion Papers 340, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Andreou, Andreas S. & Zombanakis, George A. & Georgopoulos, E. F. & Likothanassis, S. D., 1998.
"Forecasting Exchange-Rates via Local Approximation Methods and Neural Networks,"
74534, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Dec 1998.
- Andreou, Andreas S. & Zombanakis, George A. & Georgopoulos, E. F. & Likothanassis, S. D., 1998. "Forecasting Exchange-Rates via Local Approximation Methods and Neural Networks," MPRA Paper 17764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreou, Andreas S. & Zombanakis, George A. & Georgopoulos, E. F. & Likothanassis, S. D., 2000. "In Search of a Warning Strategy Against Exchange-rate Attacks: Forecasting Tactics Using Artificial Neural Networks," MPRA Paper 18197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Medel, Carlos & Camilleri, Gilmour & Hsu, Hsiang-Ling & Kania, Stefan & Touloumtzoglou, Miltiadis, 2015.
"Robustness in Foreign Exchange Rate Forecasting Models: Economics-based Modelling After the Financial Crisis,"
65290, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Medel & Gilmour Camilleri & Hsiang-Ling Hsu & Stefan Kania & Miltiadis Touloumtzoglou, 2016. "Robustness in Foreign Exchange Rate Forecasting Models: Economics-Based Modelling After the Financial Crisis," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 784, Central Bank of Chile.
- Peter Rowland, 2003. "Forecasting The Usd/Cop Exchange Rate: A Random Walk With A Variable Drift," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002736, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Dieter Nautz & Karsten Ruth, 2008.
"Monetary disequilibria and the euro/dollar exchange rate,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 701-716.
- Nautz, Dieter & Ruth, Karsten, 2005. "Monetary disequilibria and the Euro/Dollar exchange rate," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,18, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Daniel MITCHELL RESTREPO, 2006. "Forecasting the Colombian Exchange Rate: Capital Adjustments and Politics vs. Traditional IRP, Trade Adjustments and Random Walk Frameworks," ARCHIVOS DE ECONOMÍA 011228, DEPARTAMENTO NACIONAL DE PLANEACIÓN.
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Emmanuelle ROUMEGOUS, 2003. "Exchange Rate Dynamics with Currency Substitution: the Case of Ghana, Paraguay and Uruguay," Working Papers 200302, CERDI.
- Benjamin J. C. Kim & David Karemera, 2006. "Assessing the forecasting accuracy of alternative nominal exchange rate models: the case of long memory," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 369-380.
- Abbott, Andrew & De Vita, Glauco, 2002. "Testing the long-run structural validity of the monetary exchange rate model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 157-164, April.
- Peter Rowland, 2003. "Forecasting the USD/COP Exchange Rate: A Random Walk a Variable Drift," Borradores de Economia 253, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- W A Razzak & Thomas Grennes, 1998. "The long-run nominal exchange rate: specification and estimation issues," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series G98/5, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:48:y:1995:i:3-4:p:353-359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.