Stochastic dominance representation of optimistic belief: Theory and applications
This note gives a stochastic dominance representation of more optimistic belief in rank dependent expected utility. Applying this observation, we can demonstrate the effect of more optimistic belief on economic decisions and equilibria under risk making comparative static analysis.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Han Bleichrodt & Louis Eeckhoudt, 2005.
"Saving under rank-dependent utility,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 25(2), pages 505-511, 02.
- Ohnishi, Masamitsu & Osaki, Yusuke, 2006. "The comparative statics on asset prices based on bull and bear market measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 291-300, January.
- Hong, Chew Soo & Karni, Edi & Safra, Zvi, 1987. "Risk aversion in the theory of expected utility with rank dependent probabilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 370-381, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2005:i:8:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susan Athey, 2002.
"Monotone Comparative Statics under Uncertainty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 187-223.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Ryan, Matthew J., 2006. "Risk aversion in RDEU," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 675-697, September.
- John Quiggin & Robert G. Chambers, 2004.
"Supermodularity and the comparative statics of risk,"
Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers
WPR04_5, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- John Quiggin & Robert Chambers, 2007. "Supermodularity and the Comparative Statics of Risk," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(2), pages 97-117, March.
- Quiggin, John & Chambers, Robert G., 2004. "Supermodularity and the comparative statics of risk," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151164, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Quiggin, John, 1991. "Comparative Statics for Rank-Dependent Expected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 339-350, December.
- Ormiston Michael B. & Schlee Edward E., 1993. "Comparative Statics under Uncertainty for a Class of Economic Agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 412-422, December.
- Schlee, Edward E, 1994. "The Preservation of Multivariate Comparative Statics in Nonexpected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 257-272, December.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Masamitsu Ohnishi & Yusuke Osaki, 2006. "Comparative Risk Aversion under Background Risks Revisited," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-16, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Yusuke Osaki, 2005. "Dependent Background Risks and Asset Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-13, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:101:y:2008:i:3:p:275-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.