A Risk-neutral Characterization of Optimization and Pessimism and its Applications
This note gives a simple, but useful characterization of optimism and pessimism represented by a convex and concave shift of probability weighting functions, and applies it to two comparative static analysis.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: St. Lucia, Qld. 4072|
Phone: +61 7 3365 6570
Fax: +61 7 3365 7299
Web page: http://www.uq.edu.au/economics/index.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diecidue, Enrico & Wakker, Peter P, 2001.
"On the Intuition of Rank-Dependent Utility,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 281-298, November.
- Diecidue, E. & Wakker, P.P., 2000. "On the Intuition of Rank-Dependent Utility," Discussion Paper 2000-74, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Susan Athey, 2002. "Monotone Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 187-223.
- Athey, Susan, 2002. "Monotone Comparative Statics Under Uncertainty," Scholarly Articles 3372263, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nachman, David C., 1982. "Preservation of "more risk averse" under expectations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 361-368, December.
- Quiggin, John, 1982. "A theory of anticipated utility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 323-343, December.
- Schlee, Edward E, 1994. "The Preservation of Multivariate Comparative Statics in Nonexpected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 257-272, December.
- Ryan, Matthew J., 2006. "Risk aversion in RDEU," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 675-697, September.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Masamitsu Ohnishi & Yusuke Osaki, 2006. "Comparative Risk Aversion under Background Risks Revisited," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 06-16, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Ohnishi, Masamitsu & Osaki, Yusuke, 2006. "The comparative statics on asset prices based on bull and bear market measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 291-300, January.
- Quiggin, John, 1991. "Comparative Statics for Rank-Dependent Expected Utility Theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 339-350, December.
- Hong, Chew Soo & Karni, Edi & Safra, Zvi, 1987. "Risk aversion in the theory of expected utility with rank dependent probabilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 370-381, August.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2005:i:8:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yusuke Osaki, 2005. "Dependent Background Risks and Asset Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-13, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Yusuke Osaki, 2005. "Dependent background risks and asset prices," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(8), pages 1-8. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uqsers:151180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.