Preservation of "more risk averse" under expectations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gollier Christian & Schlee Edward E, 2006. "Increased Risk-Bearing with Background Risk," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2006.
"Putting Risk in Its Proper Place,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 280-289, March.
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Harris Schlesinger, 2005. "Putting Risk in its Proper Place," CESifo Working Paper Series 1462, CESifo Group Munich.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & SCHLESINGER, Harris, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1871, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Eeckhoudt & H. Schlesinger, 2006. "Putting risk in its proper place," Post-Print hal-00283170, HAL.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Preuss, Malte, 2015.
"Income in Jeopardy: How losing employment affects the willingness to take risks,"
2015/32, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Hetschko, Clemens & Preuß, Malte, 2016. "Income in Jeopardy: How Losing Employment Affects the Willingness to Take Risks," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145491, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Clemens Hetschko & Malte Preuss, 2015. "Income in Jeopardy: How Losing Employment Affects the Willingness to Take Risks," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 813, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Dionne, Georges & Li, Jingyuan, 2014.
"Comparative Ross risk aversion in the presence of mean dependent risks,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 128-135.
- Georges Dionne & Jingyuan Li, 2012. "Comparative Ross Risk Aversion in the Presence of Mean Dependent Risks," Cahiers de recherche 1211, CIRPEE.
- Alexandru V. Asimit & Raluca Vernic & Riċardas Zitikis, 2013. "Evaluating Risk Measures and Capital Allocations Based on Multi-Losses Driven by a Heavy-Tailed Background Risk: The Multivariate Pareto-II Model," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masamitsu Ohnishi & Yusuke Osaki, 2004. "The Comparative Statics of Equilibrium Derivative Prices," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 04-19, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993. "Standard Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Franke, Günter & Stapleton, Richard C. & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 1995. "Who buys and who sells options: The role and pricing of options in an economy with background risk," Discussion Papers, Series II 253, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Sévi, Benoît, 2010. "The newsvendor problem under multiplicative background risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 918-923, February.
- Broll, Udo & Mallick, Rajiv & Wong, Kit Pong, 2001. "International trade and hedging in economies in transition," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-159, June.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W & Kimball, Miles S, 2000.
"Taxation of Labor Income and the Demand for Risky Assets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(3), pages 801-833, August.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Miles S. Kimball, "undated". "Taxation of Labor Income and the Demand for Risky Assets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Miles S. Kimball, 1991. "Taxation of Labor Income and the Demand For Risky Assets," NBER Working Papers 3904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & Miles S. Kimball, 1996. "Taxation of labor income and the demand for risky assets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Andrei Semenov, 2017. "Background risk in consumption and the equity risk premium," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 407-439, February.
- Liu, Liqun & Meyer, Jack, 2013. "Substituting one risk increase for another: A method for measuring risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(6), pages 2706-2718.
- Reyno SEYMORE & Margaret MABUGU & Jan VAN HEERDEN, "undated". "Border Tax Adjustments to Negate the Economic Impact of an Electricity Generation Tax," EcoMod2010 259600155, EcoMod.
- Malevergne, Y. & Rey, B., 2009. "On cross-risk vulnerability," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 224-229, October.
- Ilia Tsetlin & Robert L. Winkler, 2005. "Risky Choices and Correlated Background Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(9), pages 1336-1345, September.
- Lee, Kangoh, 2012. "Background risk and self-protection," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(3), pages 262-264.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/698 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, James, 2014. "Convex and decreasing absolute risk aversion is proper," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 123-125.
- Osaki, Yusuke & Quiggin, John, 2007. "A Risk-neutral Characterization of Optimization and Pessimism and its Applications," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151180, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:28:y:1982:i:2:p:361-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.