The value of reducing eutrophication in European marine areas — A Bayesian meta-analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Moeltner & Richard Woodward, 2009.
"Meta-Functional Benefit Transfer for Wetland Valuation: Making the Most of Small Samples,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 89-108, January.
- Klaus Moeltner & Richard T. Woodward, 2007. "Meta-Functional Benefit Transfer for Wetland Valuation: Making the Most of Small Samples," Working Papers 07-012, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Koop,Gary & Poirier,Dale J. & Tobias,Justin L., 2007.
"Bayesian Econometric Methods,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521671736, April.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Besedin, Elena Y. & Ranson, Matthew H., 2006. "Characterizing the effects of valuation methodology in function-based benefits transfer," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 407-419, December.
- Ryan Stapler & Robert Johnston, 2009. "Meta-Analysis, Benefit Transfer, and Methodological Covariates: Implications for Transfer Error," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 227-246, February.
- V. Smith & Subhrendu Pattanayak, 2002. "Is Meta-Analysis a Noah's Ark for Non-Market Valuation?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 271-296, June.
- Thijs Dekker & Roy Brouwer & Marjan Hofkes & Klaus Moeltner, 2011. "The Effect of Risk Context on the Value of a Statistical Life: a Bayesian Meta-model," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(4), pages 597-624, August.
- Bergstrom, John C. & Taylor, Laura O., 2006.
"Using meta-analysis for benefits transfer: Theory and practice,"
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 351-360, December.
- John C. Bergstrom & Laura O. Taylor, "undated". "Using Meta Analysis for Benefits Transfer: Theory and Practice," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2006-12, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Kyriaki Remoundou & Fikret Adaman & Phoebe Koundouri & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2011. "Are Preferences for Environmental Quality Sensitive to Financial Funding Schemes? Evidence from a Marine Restoration Programme in the Black Sea," Working Papers 2011.38, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Moeltner Klaus & Rosenberger Randall S, 2008. "Predicting Resource Policy Outcomes via Meta-Regression: Data Space, Model Space, and the Quest for 'Optimal Scope'," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-31, August.
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L., 2011. "Identifying the scope effect on a meta-analysis of biodiversity valuation studies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 706-724, September.
- Areti Kontogianni & Ian Langford & Andreas Papandreou & Mihalis Skourtos, 2003. "Social Preferences for Improving Water Quality: An Economic Analysis of Benefits from Wastewater Treatment," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 17(5), pages 317-336, October.
- Jon Nelson & Peter Kennedy, 2009. "The Use (and Abuse) of Meta-Analysis in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics: An Assessment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 42(3), pages 345-377, March.
- Rosenberger, Randall S. & Stanley, Tom D., 2006. "Measurement, generalization, and publication: Sources of error in benefit transfers and their management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 372-378, December.
- Geweke, J, 1993. "Bayesian Treatment of the Independent Student- t Linear Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages 19-40, Suppl. De.
- Liu, Shuang & Stern, David I., 2008.
"A Meta-Analysis of Contingent Valuation Studies in Coastal and Near-Shore Marine Ecosystems,"
11608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shuang Liu & David I Stern, 2008. "A Meta-Analysis of Contingent Valuation Studies in Coastal and Near-Shore Marine Ecosystems," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2008-15, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Brouwer, Roy, 2000. "Environmental value transfer: state of the art and future prospects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 137-152, January.
- Markowska, Agnieszka & Zylicz, Tomasz, 1999. "Costing an international public good: the case of the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 301-316, August.
- Moeltner, Klaus & Boyle, Kevin J. & Paterson, Robert W., 2007. "Meta-analysis and benefit transfer for resource valuation-addressing classical challenges with Bayesian modeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 250-269, March.
- Kosenius, Anna-Kaisa, 2010. "Heterogeneous preferences for water quality attributes: The Case of eutrophication in the Gulf of Finland, the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 528-538, January.
- Van Houtven, George & Powers, John & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K., 2007. "Valuing water quality improvements in the United States using meta-analysis: Is the glass half-full or half-empty for national policy analysis?," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 206-228, September.
- Anil Markandya & Alberto al Longo & Tim tt Taylor & Marta mp Petrucci & Walter Hecq & Véronique Choquette, 2007. "Valuation of Marine Ecosystem Threshold Effects: Theory and Practice in relation to Algal Bloom in the North Sea," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/138982, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Chib S. & Jeliazkov I., 2001. "Marginal Likelihood From the Metropolis-Hastings Output," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 270-281, March.
- Robert J. Johnston & Elena Y. Besedin & Richard Iovanna & Christopher J. Miller & Ryan F. Wardwell & Matthew H. Ranson, 2005. "Systematic Variation in Willingness to Pay for Aquatic Resource Improvements and Implications for Benefit Transfer: A Meta-Analysis," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(2-3), pages 221-248, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Kočenda, Evžen, 2017.
"Are some owners better than others in Czech privatized firms? Even meta-analysis can’t make us perfectly sure,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 537-568.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Evžen Kočenda, 2017. "Are some owners better than others in Czech privatized firms? Even meta-analysis can’t make us perfectly sure," Working Papers 367, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Kočenda, Evžen, 2017. "Are some owners better than others in Czech privatized firms? Even meta-analysis can't make us perfectly sure," CEI Working Paper Series 2017-2, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cati Torres & Nick Hanley, 2016.
"Communicating research on the economic valuation of coastal and marine ecosystem services,"
DEA Working Papers
81, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Cati Torres & Nick Hanley, 2016. "Communicating Research on the Economic Valuation of Coastal and Marine Ecosystem Services," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2016-12, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
More about this item
KeywordsMeta-analysis; Benefit transfer; Bayesian estimation; Eutrophication; Marine areas;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:83:y:2012:i:c:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.