Fishing industry borrows from natural capital at high shadow interest rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulte, Erwin & Folmer, Henk & Heijman, Wim, 1998. "Dynamic and Static Approaches to Mixed Good Management: The Case of Minke Whales in the Northeast Atlantic," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 73-91.
- Reed, William J., 1979. "Optimal escapement levels in stochastic and deterministic harvesting models," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 350-363, December.
- Trond Bjorndal & Jon M. Conrad, 1987. "The Dynamics of an Open Access Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 74-85, February.
- Clark, Colin W. & Munro, Gordon R., 1975. "The economics of fishing and modern capital theory: A simplified approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 92-106, December.
- Copes, Parzival, 1972. "Factor Rents, Sole Ownership and the Optimum Level of Fisheries Exploitation," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 40(2), pages 145-163, June.
- Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander, 2012. "Evaluation and legal assessment of certified seafood," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1284-1289.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Tahvonen, Olli, 2009. "Economics of harvesting age-structured fish populations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 281-299, November.
- Stoeven, Max T. & Quaas, Martin F., 2012. "Privatizing renewable resources: Who gains, who loses?," Economics Working Papers 2012-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1994.
"Approximate Asymptotic Distribution Functions for Unit-Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 167-176, April.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1992. "Approximate Asymptotic Distribution Functions for Unit Roots and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 861, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1937. "Some Aspects of the Pure Theory of Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 469-496.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carpenter, Griffin & Kleinjans, Richard & Villasante, Sebastian & O’Leary, Bethan C., 2016. "Landing the blame: The influence of EU Member States on quota setting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 9-15.
- Julia Hoffmann & Martin Quaas, 2016.
"Common Pool Politics and Inefficient Fishery Management,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Julia Hoffmann & Martin F. Quaas, 2016. "Common Pool Politics and Inefficient Fishery Management," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(1), pages 79-93, January.
- Barbara Hutniczak, 2014. "Increasing Pressure on Unregulated Species Due to Changes in Individual Vessel Quotas: An Empirical Application to Trawler Fishing in the Baltic Sea," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(3), pages 201-217.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9988-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gars, Johan & Spiro, Daniel, 2014. "Uninsurance through Trade," Memorandum 13/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Visbeck, Martin & Kronfeld-Goharani, Ulrike & Neumann, Barbara & Rickels, Wilfried & Schmidt, Jörn & van Doorn, Erik & Matz-Lück, Nele & Ott, Konrad & Quaas, Martin F., 2014. "Securing blue wealth: The need for a special sustainable development goal for the ocean and coasts," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 184-191.
More about this item
KeywordsOverfishing; Optimal resource management; Harvest-control rules;
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- H82 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Property
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:82:y:2012:i:c:p:45-52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.