The innovation impact of the EU Emission Trading System -- Findings of company case studies in the German power sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Soete, Luc L. G., 1979. "Firm size and inventive activity : The evidence reconsidered," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 319-340, October.
- Christensen, Clayton M. & Rosenbloom, Richard S., 1995. "Explaining the attacker's advantage: Technological paradigms, organizational dynamics, and the value network," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 233-257, March.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Kim Keats Martinez & Misato Sato, 2006.
"Allocation, incentives and distortions: the impact of EU ETS emissions allowance allocations to the electricity sector,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 73-91, January.
- Neuhoff, K. & Keats, K. & Sato, M., 2006. "Allocation, incentives and distortions: the impact of EU ETS emissions allowance allocations to the electricity sector," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0642, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2009.
"Innovation studies--The emerging structure of a new scientific field,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 218-233, March.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "Innovation Studies – the emerging structure of a new scientific field," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090104, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano & Zoboli, Roberto, 2006. "Economic instruments and induced innovation: The European policies on end-of-life vehicles," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 318-337, June.
- Taylor, Margaret, 2008. "Beyond technology-push and demand-pull: Lessons from California's solar policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 2829-2854, November.
- Hoffmann, Volker H., 2007. "EU ETS and Investment Decisions:: The Case of the German Electricity Industry," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 464-474, December.
- Ahman, Markus & Burtraw, Dallas & Kruger, Joseph & Zetterberg, Lars, 2007. "A Ten-Year Rule to guide the allocation of EU emission allowances," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1718-1730, March.
- Volker H. Hoffmann & Thomas Trautmann & Jens Hamprecht, 2009. "Regulatory Uncertainty: A Reason to Postpone Investments? Not Necessarily," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(7), pages 1227-1253, November.
- Kaplan, Sarah & Tripsas, Mary, 2008. "Thinking about technology: Applying a cognitive lens to technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 790-805, June.
- Popp, David & Newell, Richard G. & Jaffe, Adam B., 2010. "Energy, the Environment, and Technological Change," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Pablo Del Río, 2009. "Interactions between climate and energy policies: the case of Spain," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 119-138, January.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Newell, Richard G., 2008.
"Environmental and technology policies for climate mitigation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 142-162, March.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Newell, Richard, 2004. "Environmental and Technology Policies for Climate Mitigation," Discussion Papers dp-04-05, Resources For the Future.
- Frondel, Manuel & Horbach, Jens & Rennings, Klaus, 2008.
"What triggers environmental management and innovation? Empirical evidence for Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 153-160, May.
- Rennings, Klaus & Horbach, Jens & Frondel, Manuel, 2004. "What Triggers Environmental Management and Innovation? - Empirical Evidence for Germany," RWI Discussion Papers 15, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Regina Betz & Karoline Rogge & Joachim Schleich, 2006. "EU emissions trading: an early analysis of national allocation plans for 2008-2012," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 361-394, July.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Regina Betz & Wolfgang Eichhammer & Joachim Schleich, 2004. "Designing National Allocation Plans for Eu-Emissions Trading â€” A First Analysis of the Outcomes," Energy & Environment, , vol. 15(3), pages 375-425, July.
- Rehfeld, Katharina-Maria & Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2007.
"Integrated product policy and environmental product innovations: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 91-100, February.
- Rehfeld, Katharina-Maria & Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2004. "Integrated Product Policy and Environmental Product Innovations: An Empirical Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-71, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rogge, Karoline S. & Hoffmann, Volker H., 2010. "The impact of the EU ETS on the sectoral innovation system for power generation technologies - Findings for Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7639-7652, December.
- Richard G. Newell & Adam B. Jaffe & Robert N. Stavins, 1999.
"The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 941-975.
- Stavins, Robert & Jaffe, Adam & Newell, Richard, 1998. "The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change," Discussion Papers dp-98-12-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Richard G. Newell & Adam B. Jaffe & Robert N. Stavins, 1998. "The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and Energy-Saving Technological Change," NBER Working Papers 6437, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vanessa Oltra & Maïder Saint Jean, 2005. "Environmental innovation and clean technology: an evolutionary framework," Post-Print hal-00274416, HAL.
- Kruger, Joseph & Oates, Wallace E. & Pizer, William A., 2007. "Decentralization in the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and Lessons for Global Policy," Discussion Papers dp-07-02, Resources For the Future.
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Dynamic incentives by environmental policy instruments--a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 175-195, August.
- A. Denny Ellerman, 2008. "New Entrant and Closure Provisions: How do they Distort?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 63-76.
- Horbach, Jens, 2008. "Determinants of environmental innovation--New evidence from German panel data sources," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 163-173, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEU ETS Emission trading Innovation Technological change Organizational change Power sector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:3:p:513-523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.