The value of urban tree cover: A hedonic property price model in Ramsey and Dakota Counties, Minnesota, USA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vesely, Eva-Terezia, 2007. "Green for green: The perceived value of a quantitative change in the urban tree estate of New Zealand," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2-3), pages 605-615, August.
- Paul Thorsnes, 2002. "The Value of a Suburban Forest Preserve: Estimates from Sales of Vacant Residential Building Lots," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(3), pages 426-441.
- Holmes, Thomas P. & Murphy, Elizabeth A. & Bell, Kathleen P., 2006. "Exotic Forest Insects and Residential Property Values," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 155-166, April.
- Holmes, Thomas P. & Murphy, Elizabeth A. & Bell, Kathleen P., 2006. "Exotic Forest Insects and Residential Property Values," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(1), April.
- Mansfield, Carol & Pattanayak, Subhrendu K. & McDow, William & McDonald, Robert & Halpin, Patrick, 2005. "Shades of Green: Measuring the value of urban forests in the housing market," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 177-199, December.
- Doss, Cheryl R. & Taff, Steven J., 1996. "The Influence Of Wetland Type And Wetland Proximity On Residential Property Values," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Anderson, Soren T. & West, Sarah E., 2006. "Open space, residential property values, and spatial context," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 773-789, November.
- Tyrvainen, Liisa & Miettinen, Antti, 2000. "Property Prices and Urban Forest Amenities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 205-223, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pandit, Ram & Polyakov, Maksym & Sadler, Rohan, 2012. "The importance of tree cover and neighbourhood parks in determining urban property values," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124357, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Jay Mittal, 2017. "Valuing Visual Accessibility of Scenic Landscapes in a Single Family Housing Market: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," ERES eres2017_1, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- repec:eee:foreco:v:28:y:2017:i:c:p:33-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:anresc:v:60:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0846-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:forpol:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:29-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kovacs, Kent F. & Haight, Robert G. & Jung, Suhyun & Locke, Dexter H. & O'Neil-Dunne, Jarlath, 2013. "The marginal cost of carbon abatement from planting street trees in New York City," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 1-10.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:12:y:2015:i:c:p:152-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Plant, Lyndal & Rambaldi, Alicia & Sipe, Neil, 2017. "Evaluating Revealed Preferences for Street Tree Cover Targets: A Business Case for Collaborative Investment in Leafier Streetscapes in Brisbane, Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 238-249.
- Tsurumi, Tetsuya & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Environmental value of green spaces in Japan: An application of the life satisfaction approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 1-12.
- Gómez-Baggethun, Erik & Barton, David N., 2013. "Classifying and valuing ecosystem services for urban planning," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 235-245.
- Cathrine Ulla Jensen, 2016. "Households’ willingness to pay for access to outdoor recreation: An application of the house price method using spatial quantile regressions," IFRO Working Paper 2016/09, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- vom Hofe, Rainer & Mihaescu, Oana & Boorn, Mary Lynne, 2017. "Do urban parks really benefit homeowners economically? Evidence from a spatial hedonic study of the Cincinnati park system," HUI Working Papers 122, HUI Research.
- repec:ucp:jaerec:doi:10.1086/692842 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:149:y:2018:i:c:p:149-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Chadourne & Seong-Hoon Cho & Roland Roberts, 2013. "Identifying priority target areas for the Knoxville–Knox County hillside and ridgetop protection plan: using the value of visual amenity during the real estate boom of 2002–2007 and the recession of 2," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(3), pages 911-934, June.
- H. Allen Klaiber & Joshua K. Abbott & V. Kerry Smith, 2017.
"Some Like It (Less) Hot: Extracting Trade-Off Measures for Physically Coupled Amenities,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 1053-1079.
- H. Allen Klaiber & Joshua Abbott & V. Kerry Smith, 2015. "Some Like it (Less) Hot: Extracting Tradeoff Measures for Physically Coupled Amenities," NBER Working Papers 21051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoo, James & Simonit, Silvio & Connors, John P. & Kinzig, Ann P. & Perrings, Charles, 2014. "The valuation of off-site ecosystem service flows: Deforestation, erosion and the amenity value of lakes in Prescott, Arizona," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 74-83.
- Bertram, Christine & Larondelle, Neele, 2017. "Going to the Woods Is Going Home: Recreational Benefits of a Larger Urban Forest Site — A Travel Cost Analysis for Berlin, Germany," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 255-263.
- Siriwardena, Shyamani D. & Boyle, Kevin J. & Holmes, Thomas P. & Wiseman, P. Eric, 2016. "The implicit value of tree cover in the U.S.: A meta-analysis of hedonic property value studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 68-76.
- Toke Emil Panduro & Cathrine Ulla Jensen & Thomas Hedemark Lundhede & Kathrine von Graevenitz & Bo Jellesmark Thorsen, 2016. "Estimating demand schedules in hedonic analysis: The case of urban parks," IFRO Working Paper 2016/06, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Muriel Travers & Gildas Appéré & Solène Larue, 2013. "Évaluation des aménités urbaines par la méthode des prix hédoniques : une application au cas de la ville d'Angers," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 460(1), pages 145-163.
- Jacob Macdonald & Sofia Franco, 2016. "Tree canopies, urban green amenities and the residential real estate market: Remote sensing and spatial hedonic applications to Lisbon, Portugal," ERSA conference papers ersa16p640, European Regional Science Association.
- Yoo, James & Ready, Richard, 2016. "The impact of agricultural conservation easement on nearby house prices: Incorporating spatial autocorrelation and spatial heterogeneity," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 78-93.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:12:y:2015:i:c:p:209-217 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHedonic pricing Urban forestry Tree cover;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:69:y:2010:i:8:p:1646-1656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .