African evidence on the relation of poverty, time preference and the environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996. "Fairness, stewardship and sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 11-17, October.
- Beckerman, Wilfred, 1992. "Economic growth and the environment: Whose growth? whose environment?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 481-496, April.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- Lutz, Ernst & Munasinghe, Mohan, 1994. "Integration of environmental concerns into economic analyses of projects and policies in an operational context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-46, May.
- Eele, Graham, 1994. "Indicators for food security and nutrition monitoring: A review of experience from Southern Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 314-328, June.
- Lumley, Sarah, 1997. "The environment and the ethics of discounting: An empirical analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Rabl, Ari, 1996. "Discounting of long-term costs: What would future generations prefer us to do?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 137-145, June.
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Gowdy, John M. & McDaniel, Carl N., 1995. "One world, one experiment: addressing the biodiversity--economics conflict," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 181-192, December.
- Duraiappah, Anantha K., 1998. "Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2169-2179, December.
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1995. "The environment as a luxury good or "too poor to be green"?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Pasek, Joanna, 1992. "Obligations to future generations: A philosophical note," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 513-521, April.
- Corbett, Jane, 1988. "Famine and household coping strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1099-1112, September.
- Hueting, Roefie, 1996. "Three persistent myths in the environmental debate," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 81-88, August.
- Broad, Robin, 1994. "The poor and the environment: Friends or foes?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 811-822, June.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828.
- Hueting, Roefie, 1991. "The use of the discount rate in a cost-benefit analysis for different uses of a humid tropical forest area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 43-57, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:91-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey P. Carpenter, 2005. "Experiments and Economic Development: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0505, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Basu, Amrita & Nayak, Narayan Chandra, 2011. "Underlying causes of forest cover change in Odisha, India," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(7), pages 563-569, September.
- Holden, Stein, 2013. "High discount rates: - An artifact caused by poorly framed experiments or a result of people being poor and vulnerable?," CLTS Working Papers 8/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- World Bank, 2003. "Nigeria Poverty : Environmental Linkages in the Natural Resource Sector - Empirical Evidence from Nigerian Case Studies with Policy Implications and Recommendations," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14612, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5745 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Raffinot & Baptiste Venet, 2011. "The Curse of the Elders? Aid Effectiveness and Gerontocracy in Developing Countries," Working Papers DT/2011/03, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Teh, Louise S.L. & Teh, Lydia C.L. & Rashid Sumaila, U., 2014. "Time preference of small-scale fishers in open access and traditionally managed reef fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 222-231.
- Carr, Edward R., 2006. "Postmodern conceptualizations, modernist applications: Rethinking the role of society in food security," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 14-29, February.
- Bekele, Wagayehu & Drake, Lars, 2003. "Soil and water conservation decision behavior of subsistence farmers in the Eastern Highlands of Ethiopia: a case study of the Hunde-Lafto area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 437-451, October.
- Anna Alberini, Silvia Banfi, and Celine Ramseier, 2013. "Energy Efficiency Investments in the Home: Swiss Homeowners and Expectations about Future Energy Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Scheidel, Arnim, 2013. "Flows, funds and the complexity of deprivation: Using concepts from ecological economics for the study of poverty," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 28-36.
- Karapetyan, Deanna & d'Adda, Giovanna, 2014. "Determinants of conservation among the rural poor: A charitable contribution experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 74-87.
- Angelucci, Federica & Conforti, Piero, 2010. "Risk management and finance along value chains of Small Island Developing States. Evidence from the Caribbean and the Pacific," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 565-575, December.
- Sonja S. Teelucksingh & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2010. "Biodiversity Valuation in Developing Countries: A Focus on Small Island Developing States (SIDS)," Working Papers 2010.111, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Louise S. L. Teh & Lydia C. L. Teh & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2011. "Low Discounting Behavior among Small-Scale Fishers in Fiji and Sabah, Malaysia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(6), pages 1-17, June.
- Opschoor, J.B., 2007. "Environment and Poverty," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18757, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Pierre Janin, 2004. "Gestion spatio-temporelle de la soudure alimentaire dans le Sahel burkinabé," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 45(180), pages 909-933.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:38:y:2001:i:3:p:317-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.