African evidence on the relation of poverty, time preference and the environment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lutz, Ernst & Munasinghe, Mohan, 1994. "Integration of environmental concerns into economic analyses of projects and policies in an operational context," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 37-46, May.
- Broad, Robin, 1994. "The poor and the environment: Friends or foes?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 811-822, June.
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Beckerman, Wilfred, 1992. "Economic growth and the environment: Whose growth? whose environment?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 481-496, April.
- Hueting, Roefie, 1991. "The use of the discount rate in a cost-benefit analysis for different uses of a humid tropical forest area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 43-57, March.
- Pasek, Joanna, 1992. "Obligations to future generations: A philosophical note," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 513-521, April.
- Pearce, David W. & Atkinson, Giles D., 1993. "Capital theory and the measurement of sustainable development: an indicator of "weak" sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 103-108, October.
- Lumley, Sarah, 1997. "The environment and the ethics of discounting: An empirical analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-82, January.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808, December.
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1995. "The environment as a luxury good or "too poor to be green"?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996. "Fairness, stewardship and sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 11-17, October.
- Duraiappah, Anantha K., 1998. "Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2169-2179, December.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828, April.
- Hueting, Roefie, 1996. "Three persistent myths in the environmental debate," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 81-88, August.
- Eele, Graham, 1994. "Indicators for food security and nutrition monitoring: A review of experience from Southern Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 314-328, June.
- Rabl, Ari, 1996. "Discounting of long-term costs: What would future generations prefer us to do?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 137-145, June.
- Gowdy, John M. & McDaniel, Carl N., 1995. "One world, one experiment: addressing the biodiversity--economics conflict," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 181-192, December.
- Corbett, Jane, 1988. "Famine and household coping strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1099-1112, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:38:y:2001:i:3:p:317-326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.