Discounting of long-term costs: What would future generations prefer us to do?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Quirk, James & Terasawa, Katsuaki, 1991. "Choosing a government discount rate: An alternative approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Portney, Paul R., 1990. "Comments on "discounting" session," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 63-64, March.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-149.
- Howe, Charles W., 1990. "The social discount rate," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 1-2, March.
- Burton Peter S., 1993.
"Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 119-132, March.
- Burton, P.S., 1991. "Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 91-06, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Anthony C. Fisher & John V. Krutilla, 1975. "Resource Conservation, Environmental Preservation, and the Rate of Discount," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 89(3), pages 358-370.
- Richard Howarth & Richard Norgaard, 1993. "Intergenerational transfers and the social discount rate," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(4), pages 337-358, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:17:y:1996:i:3:p:137-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.