Do focus groups and individual interviews reveal the same information for natural resource valuation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Camille Bann, 1997. "An Economic Analysis of Alternative Mangrove Management Strategies in Koh Kong Province, Cambodia," EEPSEA Research Report rr1997113, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Nov 1997.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Weaver, Thomas F. & Smith, Lynn A. & Swallow, Stephen K., 1995.
"Contingent Valuation Focus Groups: Insights from Ethnographic Interview Techniques,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 56-69, April.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Weaver, Thomas F. & Smith, Lynn A. & Swallow, Stephen K., 1995. "Contingent Valuation Focus Groups: Insights From Ethnographic Interview Techniques," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
- Karl Sivesind, 1999. "Structured, Qualitative Comparison," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 361-380, November.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen C. & Maxwell, Judith, 1989. "Valuation and management of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 335-361, December.
- Judy Gray & Iain Densten, 1998. "Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis Using Latent and Manifest Variables," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 419-431, November.
- W. George Hutchinson & Susan M. Chilton & John Davis, 1995. "Measuring Non-Use Value Of Environmental Goods Using The Contingent Valuation Method: Problems Of Information And Cognition And The Application Of Cognitive Questionnaire Design Methods," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 97-112.
- S. M. Chilton & W. G. Hutchinson, 1999. "Exploring Divergence Between Respondent and Researcher Definitions of the Good in Contingent Valuation Studies," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 1-16.
- Stephen Farber, 1996. "Welfare Loss Of Wetlands Disintegration: A Louisiana Study," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 92-106, January.
- Carson, Richard T., 1998. "Valuation of tropical rainforests: philosophical and practical issues in the use of contingent valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 15-29, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2001.
"Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements in Transition in the Czech Republic,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp184, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2001. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements in Transition in the Czech Republic," Development and Comp Systems 0110009, EconWPA.
- Borghi, Josephine & Shrestha, Daya L. & Shrestha, Deepa & Jan, Stephen, 2007. "Using focus groups to develop contingent valuation scenarios--A case study of women's groups in rural Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 531-542, February.
- Carson, Rebecca M. & Bergstrom, John C., 2003. "A Review Of Ecosystem Valuation Techniques," Faculty Series 16651, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Marie Chenet & Delphine Grancher & Marie Redon, 2014. "Main issues of an evacuation in case of volcanic crisis: social stakes in Guadeloupe (Lesser Antilles Arc)," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 73(3), pages 2127-2147, September.
- Rulleau, Bénédicte & Dachary-Bernard, Jeanne, 2012. "Preferences, rational choices and economic valuation: Some empirical tests," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 198-206.
- Kaplowitz, Michael D. & Thorp, Laurie & Coleman, Kayla & Kwame Yeboah, Felix, 2012. "Energy conservation attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors in science laboratories," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 581-591.
- Libor Dusek & Lubomir Lizal (ed.), 2011. "CERGE-EI Tackles Transition," CERGE-EI Books, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague, edition 1, number b05, March.
- Christie, Mike & Fazey, Ioan & Cooper, Rob & Hyde, Tony & Kenter, Jasper O., 2012. "An evaluation of monetary and non-monetary techniques for assessing the importance of biodiversity and ecosystem services to people in countries with developing economies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 67-78.
- Dayde, Charlotte & Roussy, Caroline & Chaib, Karim & Ridier, Aude, 2014.
"Risk, labour and climatic uncertainty in crop rotation optimization,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
183036, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Charlotte Daydé & Aude Ridier & Caroline Roussy & Karim Chaïb, 2014. "Risk, labour and climatic uncertainty in crop rotation optimization," Post-Print hal-01123262, HAL.
- Hanousek, Jan & Filer, Randall K, 2004.
"Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 235-254, October.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2002. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/8, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2004. "Consumers' Opinion of Inflation Bias Due to Quality Improvements," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-681, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Valatin, Gregory & Moseley, Darren & Dandy, Norman, 2016. "Insights from behavioural economics for forest economics and environmental policy: Potential nudges to encourage woodland creation for climate change mitigation and adaptation?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 27-36.
- Syndhia Mathé & Hélène Rey-Valette, 2015. "Local Knowledge of Pond Fish-Farming Ecosystem Services: Management Implications of Stakeholders’ Perceptions in Three Different Contexts (Brazil, France and Indonesia)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-23, June.
- Raymond, Christopher M. & Kenter, Jasper O. & Plieninger, Tobias & Turner, Nancy J. & Alexander, Karen A., 2014. "Comparing instrumental and deliberative paradigms underpinning the assessment of social values for cultural ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 145-156.
- Blayac, Thierry & Mathé, Syndhia & Rey-Valette, Hélène & Fontaine, Pascal, 2014. "Perceptions of the services provided by pond fish farming in Lorraine (France)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 115-123.
- Michael Ahlheim & Benchaphun Ekasingh & Oliver Frör & Jirawan Kitchaincharoen & Andreas Neef & Chapika Sangkapitux & Nopasom Sinphurmsukskul, 2007. "Using Citizen Expert Groups in Environmental Valuation - Lessons from a CVM study in Northern Thailand," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 283/2007, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Wilson, Matthew A. & Howarth, Richard B., 2002. "Discourse-based valuation of ecosystem services: establishing fair outcomes through group deliberation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 431-443, June.
- Spash, Clive L. & Vatn, Arild, 2006. "Transferring environmental value estimates: Issues and alternatives," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 379-388, December.
- Hallman, Kelly & Lewis, David & Begum, Suraiya, 2003. "An integrated economic and social analysis to assess the impact of vegetable and fishpond technologies on poverty in rural Bangladesh:," EPTD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:36:y:2001:i:2:p:237-247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .