The value of wetlands: importance of scale and landscape setting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bell, Frederick W., 1997. "The economic valuation of saltwater marsh supporting marine recreational fishing in the southeastern United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 243-254, June.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
- Ing-Marie Gren & Carl Folke & Kerry Turner & Ian Batemen, 1994. "Primary and secondary values of wetland ecosystems," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 55-74, February.
- Costanza, Robert & Farber, Stephen C. & Maxwell, Judith, 1989. "Valuation and management of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 335-361, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laxmi D. Bhatta & Sunita Chaudhary & Anju Pandit & Himlal Baral & Partha J. Das & Nigel E. Stork, 2016. "Ecosystem Service Changes and Livelihood Impacts in the Maguri-Motapung Wetlands of Assam, India," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(2), pages 1-14, June.
- Feinerman, Eli & Komen, Marinus H.C., 2002. "Agri-Environmental Instruments for an Integrated Rural Policy: An Economic Analysis," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24809, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Anton Sizo & Bram Noble & Scott Bell, 2015. "Futures Analysis of Urban Land Use and Wetland Change in Saskatoon, Canada: An Application in Strategic Environmental Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Ling Yi & Zengxiang Zhang & Xiaoli Zhao & Bin Liu & Xiao Wang & Qingke Wen & Lijun Zuo & Fang Liu & Jingyong Xu & Shunguang Hu, 2016. "Have Changes to Unused Land in China Improved or Exacerbated Its Environmental Quality in the Past Three Decades?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-15, February.
- Yang, Xiaofan & Liu, Chongxuan & Fang, Yilin & Hinkle, Ross & Li, Hong-Yi & Bailey, Vanessa & Bond-Lamberty, Ben, 2015. "Simulations of ecosystem hydrological processes using a unified multi-scale model," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 296(C), pages 93-101.
- Watson, Keri B. & Ricketts, Taylor & Galford, Gillian & Polasky, Stephen & O'Niel-Dunne, Jarlath, 2016. "Quantifying flood mitigation services: The economic value of Otter Creek wetlands and floodplains to Middlebury, VT," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 16-24.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:184:d:64188 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:207:y:2007:i:2:p:304-318 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florian V. Eppink & Luke M. Brander & Alfred J. Wagtendonk, 2014. "An Initial Assessment of the Economic Value of Coastal and Freshwater Wetlands in West Asia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-17, June.
- Soderqvist, Tore & Mitsch, William J. & Turner, R. Kerry, 2000. "Valuation of wetlands in a landscape and institutional perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-6, October.
- Greenland-Smith, Simon & Brazner, John & Sherren, Kate, 2016. "Farmer perceptions of wetlands and waterbodies: Using social metrics as an alternative to ecosystem service valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 58-69.
- Natacha LASKOWSKI, 2013. "Optimal allocation of wetlands: Study on conflict between agriculture and fishery," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Jamil Amanollahi & Shahram Kaboodvandpour & Hiva Majidi, 2017. "Evaluating the accuracy of ANN and LR models to estimate the water quality in Zarivar International Wetland, Iran," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 85(3), pages 1511-1527, February.
- Comello, Stephen D. & Maltais-Landry, Gabriel & Schwegler, Benedict R. & Lepech, Michael D., 2014. "Firm-level ecosystem service valuation using mechanistic biogeochemical modeling and functional substitutability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 63-73.
- Posthumus, H. & Rouquette, J.R. & Morris, J. & Gowing, D.J.G. & Hess, T.M., 2010. "A framework for the assessment of ecosystem goods and services; a case study on lowland floodplains in England," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1510-1523, May.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:363:y:2017:i:c:p:122-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christine Schleupner, 2007. "Wetland distribution modelling for optimal land use options in Europe," Working Papers FNU-135, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised May 2007.
- Dale, Virginia H. & Polasky, Stephen, 2007. "Measures of the effects of agricultural practices on ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 286-296, December.
- Boyer, Tracy A., 2003. "The Wetland Restoration Site Selection Problem Under Wetland Mitigation Banking (WMB) in Minnesota," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22189, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Milon, J. Walter & Scrogin, David, 2006. "Latent preferences and valuation of wetland ecosystem restoration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 162-175, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:35:y:2000:i:1:p:25-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.