Firm value, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and cross-listing in the U.S., Germany and Hong Kong destinations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004.
"Why are foreign firms listed in the U.S. worth more?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Rene M. Stulz, 2001. "Why are Foreign Firms Listed in the U.S. Worth More?," NBER Working Papers 8538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bailey, Warren & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Salva, Carolina, 2006.
"The economic consequences of increased disclosure: Evidence from international cross-listings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 175-213, July.
- Bailey, Warren & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Salva, Carolina, 2004. "The Economic Consequences of Increased Disclosure:Evidence from International Cross-Listings," Working Paper Series 2004-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Baker, H. Kent & Nofsinger, John R. & Weaver, Daniel G., 2002. "International Cross-Listing and Visibility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(03), pages 495-521, September.
- Tano Santos & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2001.
"Competition among Exchanges,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1027-1061.
- T. Santos & J. Scheinkman, 2000. "Competition Among Exchanges," Princeton Economic Theory Papers 00s12, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Tano Santos & José A. Scheinkman, 2000. "Competition Among Exchanges," CRSP working papers 514, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- René M. Stulz, 1999. "Golbalization, Corporate Finance, And The Cost Of Capital," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 12(3), pages 8-25.
- Switzer, Lorne N., 2010. "The behaviour of small cap vs. large cap stocks in recessions and recoveries: Empirical evidence for the United States and Canada," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 332-346, December.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe Akira Yoshino, 2015.
"Firm value, investment and monetary policy,"
International Journal of Accounting and Finance,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(3), pages 262-289.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe A. Yoshino, 2010. "Firm Value, Investment and Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0748, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Mark H. Lang & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller, 2003. "ADRs, Analysts, and Accuracy: Does Cross Listing in the United States Improve a Firm's Information Environment and Increase Market Value?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 317-345, May.
- Engel, Ellen & Hayes, Rachel M. & Wang, Xue, 2007. "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and firms' going-private decisions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 116-145, September.
- Bianconi, Marcelo & Tan, Liang, 2010.
"Cross-listing premium in the US and the UK destination,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 244-259, April.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Liang Tan, 2009. "Cross-listing Premium in the US and the UK Destination," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0737, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Doidge, Craig, 2004. "U.S. cross-listings and the private benefits of control: evidence from dual-class firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 519-553, June.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Stavros Peristiani, 2015.
"Firm Value and Cross Listings: The Impact of Stock Market Prestige,"
Journal of Risk and Financial Management,
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Stavros Peristiani, 2010. "Firm value and cross-listings: the impact of stock market prestige," Staff Reports 474, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Oren Fuerst, 1998. "A Theoretical Analysis of the Investor Protection Regulations Argument for Global Listing of Stocks," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm106, Yale School of Management.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2006. "Valuation impact of Sarbanes-Oxley: Evidence from disclosure and governance within the financial services industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 989-1006, March.
- Rafael La porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2002.
"Investor Protection and Corporate Valuation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1147-1170, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1999. "Investor Protection and Corporate Valuation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1882, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1999. "Investor Protection and Corporate Valuation," NBER Working Papers 7403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Steven N. Kaplan, 2003.
"The State Of U.S. Corporate Governance: What'S Right And What'S Wrong?,"
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance,
Morgan Stanley, vol. 15(3), pages 8-20.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Steven N. Kaplan, 2003. "The State of U.S. Corporate Governance: What's Right and What's Wrong?," NBER Working Papers 9613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Hon, Mark T. & Strauss, Jack K. & Yong, Soo-Keong, 2007. "Deconstructing the Nasdaq bubble: A look at contagion across international stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 213-230, July.
- Zhang, Ivy Xiying, 2007. "Economic consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 74-115, September.
- Litvak, Kate, 2007. "The effect of the Sarbanes-Oxley act on non-US companies cross-listed in the US," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 195-228, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilkening, Tom, 2016. "Information and the persistence of private-order contract enforcement institutions: An experimental analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 193-215.
- Chen, Li-Yu & Lai, Jung-Ho & Chen, Carl R., 2015. "Multiple directorships and the performance of mergers & acquisitions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 178-198.
- Chan, Chia-Ying & Lo, Huai-Chun & Su, Yi-Ru, 2014. "Distribution of stock ratings and analyst recommendation revision," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 273-286.
- Sarmiento-Sabogal, Julio & Sadeghi, Mehdi, 2014. "Unlevered betas and the cost of equity capital: An empirical approach," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 90-105.
- Papanastasopoulos, Georgios A., 2015. "Accruals, growth, accounting distortions and stock returns: The case of FRS3 in the UK," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 39-54.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-listing; Sarbanes-Oxley; Dynamic panel data; Treatment effects;
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecofin:v:24:y:2013:i:c:p:25-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.