Measuring social returns to higher education investments in Hong Kong: production function approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lau, Lawrence J. & Jamison, Dean T. & Louat, Frederic F., 1991. "Education and productivity in developing countries : an aggregate production function approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 612, The World Bank.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change Is Embodied in Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 964-980, September.
- Hay Woo, Jennie, 1991. "Education and economic growth in Taiwan: A case of successful planning," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1029-1044, August.
- Heaton, Christopher & Throsby, David, 1998. "Benefit-Cost Analysis of Foreign Student Flows from Developing Countries: The Case of Postgraduate Education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 117-126, April.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Byron, Rayond P & Manaloto, Evelyn Q, 1990. "Returns to Education in China," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 38(4), pages 783-796, July.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Krueger, Alan B, 1994.
"Estimates of the Economic Returns to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1157-1173, December.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Alan B. Krueger, 1992. "Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins," Working Papers 683, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alan Krueger & Orley Ashenfelter, 1992. "Estimates of the Economic Return to Schooling from a New Sample of Twins," NBER Working Papers 4143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azhar, Rauf A, 1991. "Education and Technical Efficiency during the Green Revolution in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 651-665, April.
- Charles R. Hulten, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change is Embodied in Capital," NBER Working Papers 3971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1996. "A Microfoundation for Social Increasing Returns in Human Capital Accumulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 779-804.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2015. "Payoffs of Education Expenditure In Botswana: Long Run Economic Growth Implications," MPRA Paper 77915, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Akinola Gbenga Wilfred & Gerry Koye Bokana, 2017. "A Comparative Analysis of Effects of Education on Sub-Saharan Africa's Economic Growth," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 9(4), pages 187-200.
- Koye Gerry Bokana & Gbenga Wilfred Akinola, 2017. "Productivity effects of higher education human capital in selected countries of Sub-Saharan Africa," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 173-198.
- Amaghouss, Jabrane & Ibourk, Aomar, 2019. "Higher Education and Economic Growth: A Comparative Analysis of World Regions Trajectories," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 72(3), pages 321-350.
- Robert Baumann & David Chu & Charles Anderton, 2009.
"Religious penalty in the U.S. News & World Report college rankings,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 491-504.
- Robert Baumann & David Chu & Charles Anderton, 2009. "Religious penalty in the U.S. News & World Report college rankings," Working Papers 0916, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:20:y:2001:i:5:p:503-510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.