The efficiency of SMEs in Thai manufacturing: A stochastic frontier analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chih-Hai Yang & Ku-Hsieh Chen, 2009. "Are small firms less efficient?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 375-395, April.
- Peter Rosa, 1999. "The prevalence of multiple owners and directors in the SME sector: implications for our understanding of start-up and growth," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 21-37, January.
- Yang, Ji-Chung, 2006. "The efficiency of SMEs in the global market: Measuring the Korean performance," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 861-876, November.
- Quoc Ngu Vu, 2003. "Technical Efficiency of Industrial State-Owned Enterprises in Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 87-101, March.
- Boon L. Lee, 2013.
"Productivity, technical and efficiency change in Singapore's services sector, 2005 to 2008,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(15), pages 2023-2029, May.
- Boon Lee, 2011. "Productivity, Technical and Efficiency Change in Singapore's Services Sector, 2005 to 2008," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 269, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- Hallberg, K., 2000. "A Market-Oriented Strategy for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises," Papers 40, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Anna Bottasso & Alessandro Sembenelli, 2004. "Does ownership affect firms’ efficiency? Panel data evidence on Italy," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 769-786, December.
- Luis R. Murillo-Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- Li, Yang & Hu, Jin-Li, 2002. "Technical Efficiency and Location Choice of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-12, August.
- Alvarez, Roberto & Crespi, Gustavo, 2003. "Determinants of Technical Efficiency in Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 233-244, May.
- Thi Bich Tran & R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas, 2008. "Firm Efficiency in a Transitional Economy: Evidence from Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 47-66, March.
- Razeen Sally, 2007. "Thai Trade Policy: From Non-discriminatory Liberalisation to FTAs," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(10), pages 1594-1620, October.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Wadud, Md. Abdul., 2003. "Technical, Allocative, and economic efficiency of farms in Bangladesh: a stochastic frontier and DEA approach," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 37(1), pages 109-126, September.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-11, December.
- Sangho Kim, 2003. "Identifying And Estimating Sources Of Technical Inefficiency In Korean Manufacturing Industries," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 132-144, January.
- Fukunari Kimura & Kozo Kiyota, 2007. "Foreign-owned versus Domestically-owned Firms: Economic Performance in Japan," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 31-48, February.
- Le, Viet & Harvie, Charles, 2010. "Firm Performance in Vietnam:Evidence from Manufacturing Small and Medium Enterprises," Economics Working Papers wp10-04, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Mats GRANÉR & Anders ISAKSSON, 2009. "Firm Efficiency And The Destination Of Exports: Evidence From Kenyan Plant-Level Data," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(3), pages 279-306.
- Karl Lundvall & George Battese, 2000. "Firm size, age and efficiency: Evidence from Kenyan manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 146-163.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hosseinzadeh, Ahmad & Smyth, Russell & Valadkhani, Abbas & Le, Viet, 2016. "Analyzing the efficiency performance of major Australian mining companies using bootstrap data envelopment analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 26-35.
- Hyun, Junghwan, 2016. "Financial crises and the evolution of credit reallocation: Evidence from Korea," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 25-34.
- Di Giorgio, L. & Filippini, M. & Masiero, G., 2015. "Structural and managerial cost differences in nonprofit nursing homes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 289-298.
- Miao Wang & M. C. Sunny Wong, 2016. "Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Firm-level Technical Efficiency: Stochastic Frontier Model Evidence from Chinese Manufacturing Firms," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 44(3), pages 335-361, September.
- Wang, Qunwei & Hang, Ye & Sun, Licheng & Zhao, Zengyao, 2016. "Two-stage innovation efficiency of new energy enterprises in China: A non-radial DEA approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 254-261.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical efficiency; Stochastic frontier production function; Technical inefficiency effects model; Small and medium sized enterprises; Manufacturing;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- N6 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:43:y:2014:i:c:p:372-393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.