Exchange-rate volatility and export performance: Do emerging market economies resemble industrial countries or other developing countries?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krugman, Paul, 1989.
"Differences in income elasticities and trends in real exchange rates,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1031-1046, May.
- Paul Krugman, 1988. "Differences In Income Elasticities and Trends in Real Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 2761, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- P. Swamy & George Tavlas, 2007.
"The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 31(2), pages 293-306, May.
- George S. Tavlas & P.A.V.B. Swamy, 2006. "The New Keynesian Phillips Curve and Inflation Expectations: Re-Specification and Interpretation," Working Papers 34, Bank of Greece.
- Sauer, Christine & Bohara, Alok K, 2001. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: Regional Differences between Developing and Industrialized Countries," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 133-152, February.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Stein, Ernesto, 2001.
"Why do countries float the way they float?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 387-414, December.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Ernesto H. Stein, 2000. "Why Do Countries Float the Way They Float?," Research Department Publications 4205, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Stein, Ernesto H., 2011. "Why Do Countries Float the Way They Float?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1321, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Arize, Augustine C. & Osang, Thomas & Slottje, Daniel J., 2008. "Exchange-rate volatility in Latin America and its impact on foreign trade," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 33-44.
- Wang, Kai-Li & Barrett, Christopher B., 2007. "Estimating the Effects of Exchange Rate Volatility on Export Volumes," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 1-31, August.
- Arize, Augustine C & Osang, Thomas & Slottje, Daniel J, 2000. "Exchange-Rate Volatility and Foreign Trade: Evidence from Thirteen LDC's," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 10-17, January.
- Tenreyro, Silvana, 2007.
"On the trade impact of nominal exchange rate volatility,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 485-508, March.
- Silvana Tenreyro, 2003. "On the trade impact of nominal exchange rate volatility," Working Papers 03-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Rahmatsyah, Teuku & Rajaguru, Gulasekaran & Siregar, Reza Y., 2002.
"Exchange-rate volatility, trade and "fixing for life" in Thailand,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 445-470, December.
- Teuku Rahmatsyah & Gulasekaran Rajaguru & Reza Siregar, 2002. "Exchange Rate Volatility, Trade and Â“Fixing for LifeÂ” in Thailand," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-12, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Scott W. Hegerty, 2007. "Exchange rate volatility and trade flows: a review article," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 211-255, August.
- Doroodian, K., 1999. "Does exchange rate volatility deter international trade in developing countries?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 465-474.
- Saang Joon Baak & M. A. Al-Mahmood & S. Vixathep, 2007. "Exchange rate volatility and exports from East Asian countries to Japan and the USA," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(8), pages 947-959.
- Serge Rey, 2006.
"Effective Exchange Rate Volatility And Mena Countries Exports To The Eu,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 31(2), pages 23-54, December.
- Serge Rey, 2006. "Effective Exchange rate Volatility and MENA countries’ exports to EU," Post-Print hal-01885316, HAL.
- McKenzie, Michael D, 1999. " The Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on International Trade Flows," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 71-106, February.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Swamy, P.A.V.B. & Tavlas, George S., 2009. "The New Keynesian Phillips Curve In A Time-Varying Coefficient Environment: Some European Evidence," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 149-166, April.
- repec:idb:wpaper:418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Murat Doğanlar, 2002. "Estimating the impact of exchange rate volatility on exports: evidence from Asian countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(13), pages 859-863.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdorreza Soleymani & Soo Y. Chua & Abdul Fatah Che Hamat, 2017. "Exchange rate volatility and ASEAN-4’s trade flows: is there a third country effect?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 91-117, January.
- repec:sgh:gosnar:y:2017:i:3:p:115-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Halmi Mirela, 2012. "The Correlation Between The Exchange Rate And The Direct Foreign Investments," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 809-815, July.
- Bournakis, Ioannis & Tsoukis, Christopher, 2016.
"Government size, institutions, and export performance among OECD economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 37-47.
- Bournakis, Ioannis & Tsoukis, Christopher, 2015. "Government Size, Institutions, and Export Performance among OECD Economies," MPRA Paper 68112, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Aftab, Muhammad, 2017. "On the asymmetric effects of exchange rate volatility on trade flows: New evidence from US-Malaysia trade at the industry level," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 86-103.
- repec:taf:jitecd:v:27:y:2018:i:6:p:607-637 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nishimura, Yusaku & Hirayama, Kenjiro, 2013. "Does exchange rate volatility deter Japan-China trade? Evidence from pre- and post-exchange rate reform in China," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25, pages 90-101.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Muhammad Aftab, 2018.
"A new perspective on the third-country effect: The case of Malaysia–US industry-level trade,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 607-637, August.
- BAHMANI-OSKOOEE, Mohsen & Aftab, Muhammad, 2017. "A new perspective on the third country effect: The case of Malaysia-US industry level trade," MPRA Paper 82997, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Feb 2017.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:54:y:2018:i:2:p:450-467 is not listed on IDEAS
- Akram Hasanov & Ahmad Baharumshah, 2014. "Exchange-Rate Risk and Exports," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 57(1), pages 80-101.
- Fizza Malik, 2016. "Modeling Dynamics of Exchange Rates Volatility: A Case of Pakistan from 1980-2010," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 5(3), pages 144-161, September.
- repec:hur:ijaraf:v:8:y:2018:i:4:p:131-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asteriou, Dimitrios & Masatci, Kaan & Pılbeam, Keith, 2016. "Exchange rate volatility and international trade: International evidence from the MINT countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 133-140.
- Mekbib Gebretsadik Haile & Geoff Pugh, 2013. "Does exchange rate volatility discourage international trade? A meta-regression analysis," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 321-350, April.
- Ghiba, Nicolae, 2010.
"Efecte ale volatilității cursului de schimb asupra exporturilor
[Effects of exchange rate volatility on exports]," MPRA Paper 28448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pdc:jrnbeh:v:14:y:2018:i:3:p:542-560 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Iqbal, Javed & Salam, Muhammad, 2016. "Short run and long run effects of exchange rate volatility on commodity trade between Pakistan and Japan," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 131-142.
- Carmen Sandu & Nicolae Ghiba, 2011. "The Relationship Between Exchange Rate And Exports In Romania Using A Vector Autoregressive Model," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(13), pages 1-29.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:230-246 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ags:pdcbeh:264708 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExchange-rate volatility Trade Random-coefficient estimation Generalized method of moments Panel data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:27:y:2010:i:6:p:1514-1521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.